GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

we can make the weekend 2.5/3 if the bills win today and the sabres put on one hell of a show. This game marks the end of the 10 games in 17 nights and gives the boys a full work week to recover. Things really look up after today... lydman, roy, hecht all could be ready to go. tallinder's return will be on the horizon... Why am i talking about the future? well, judging by this team's character, it will fire the team up for tonight... Miller is extremely pissed off about friday's debacle, so is afinogenov, so is the rest of the inept power play... I'm not going to bet the house on it, but i expect to see a major butt whooping tonight.

NYR coming off a nice win last night in ot but overall we play them pretty good. Sabres are an awesome team the game after a loss and we have a days rest.

With this being the last game til Friday, i think the players know they need to get 2 points tonight.

That all said, i will say-

Sabres- 4

NYR- 2

Briere, Drury, Vanek and Pominville with goals.

Jochen Hecht and Toni Lydman will miss tonight's game.

Look for their return, along with Derek Roy, against the Rangers at home on Friday night.

- http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3855

hockeybuzz is generally sifting through crap for gold... however, this nugget is gold. with a week off, look for hecht, roy, and lydman to return... hecht is just sick and recovering, roy has a broken arm that will be healed by the weekend, and lydman's neck could go either way. at least we'll see the forwards return, and at worst, lydman will be a gametime decision.

Darcy Regier is a genius.

And Lindy Ruff is the best coach in the league.

I wonder if either US Hockey or Canadian hockey will ask Ruff to coach in the 2010 Olympic Games?

They should. Ruff has been a great coach, hard to understand why he hasn't been selected, even as an assistant or something.

Penalty on Drury was unfortunate, but I think the Sabres haven't been playing bad so far.

Hopefully they'll kick some butt in this 2nd period. Another 7 goal period would be nice. :D

I don't know. This doesn't feel right to me. Having to start the 2nd on a 5-3 for 1:50 isn't going to get the 2nd off on the right skate...

I don't know. This doesn't feel right to me. Having to start the 2nd on a 5-3 for 1:09 isn't going to get the 2nd off on the right skate...

It feels a lot like the MTL game to me honestly, I hope the Sabres will put their chances in the net.

We need Vanek/Drury/Max/Briere to put a few in the net.