Question about new unis

Taro T

I understand that the team is planning on going back to blue and gold next year in some sort of "sleek" tight fitting new leaguewide design.

My question is: does this mean that Sabretooth can go back to the classic orange and black and if so does his new costume have to be sleek and tight fitting?

I hope the answer to the 1st is yes and the 2nd a resounding NO!

yes there going to be bringing back blue and gold with that new sleek design... i don't like that silly sleek design... ive seen the new team canada ones made by nike and there very similar to that. they feel more like a t-shirt overall then they do a jersey... there just not big enough... and i don't think sabres tooths will be as sleek as the player versions haha.

yes... it should be very very simialr to that one... i tried on a medium in store and it feels like a large t-shirt... and im not a very big guy at all (think twing).... there nice for fans because there not huge and the sleevs don't get in the way and it doesn't look like a skirt on smaller fans... but its lost its 'hockey jersey feel' IMO. :(

I don't know. Is anyone else sick and tired of the money grabs by sports teams who change their unis every five years? I know the blue and gold appeals to the older fans, but the current color scheme represents a big part of the fan base that grew up with it. I hated the demonic goathead at first but have come to like it very much. To me, it represents a rebirth of Sabres hockey after a lot of stagnant years in the blue and gold. I just don't see how you can keep jerking the fans around. Will some new owner in five or 10 years decide we need to go back to the retro red and black look? It gets ridiculous in a hurry. A nice compromise would have been to scrap the current third jersey, which is just awful and a slap in the face to the old logo, and replace it with an exact replica of the old logo, in the new color scheme. But, oh well, line up fans, get your wallets out and bend over. It's time for your every-10-year "exam." Yikes. I'm not sure I like how this post ended up! :)

i dunno, i remeber when the sabres came out two years ago in the blue and gold, i really liked seeing the colors again, then at the Danny Gare retirement, when the players came out in the blue and gold, i got shivers again. im only 20 years old,most of my sabres memories have been in the black and red, i think getting rid of the ugly alternates and going with the blue and gold would be sweet.

i dunno, i remeber when the sabres came out two years ago in the blue and gold, i really liked seeing the colors again, then at the Danny Gare retirement, when the players came out in the blue and gold, i got shivers again. im only 20 years old,most of my sabres memories have been in the black and red, i think getting rid of the ugly alternates and going with the blue and gold would be sweet.

i agree..and i'm only 19...i'm not basing it on what i grew up with..but if i was i have only one word to say...rigas..so much for black and red eh?..bring back the blue and gold, it looks better and it says sabre hockey

The new sleek style jersey's are a fad like those stupid college football uni's over the last few years that several teams have decided to drop. If we go blue and gold they don't need to be exact retro's from the 70's but something that will stand the test of time.

Going back to the Blue and Gold will be awesome. The only thing I liked about the new look was the B with the sabre through it. It was a ridiculous move to have their primary logo only be a Buffalo. They are not the Buffalo Buffaloes. I stopped buying red and black merch awhile ago and I'm anxiously anticipating a return to the classic look. Let's do it!

agreed with this... im only 21 years old and red and black is pretty much all ive known... i love these jerseys right now... if they got rid of the 'buffalo' along the bottom of the red ones i wouldn't have a problem with those either... i like the striped lines with our colours... blue and gold would be nice and it looks like its coming back for sure now... however i still love the red and black!

I don't know. Is anyone else sick and tired of the money grabs by sports teams who change their unis every five years? I know the blue and gold appeals to the older fans, but the current color scheme represents a big part of the fan base that grew up with it. I hated the demonic goathead at first but have come to like it very much. To me, it represents a rebirth of Sabres hockey after a lot of stagnant years in the blue and gold. I just don't see how you can keep jerking the fans around. Will some new owner in five or 10 years decide we need to go back to the retro red and black look? It gets ridiculous in a hurry. A nice compromise would have been to scrap the current third jersey, which is just awful and a slap in the face to the old logo, and replace it with an exact replica of the old logo, in the new color scheme. But, oh well, line up fans, get your wallets out and bend over. It's time for your every-10-year "exam." Yikes. I'm not sure I like how this post ended up! :)

I don't think a lot of guys will be nostalgic of the current Red and Black colors. I'm sure a huge majority of the Sabres fans are still thinking Blue and Gold are our true colors. And if you don't like giving the team money you're free not to buy the new stuff as a lot of us did (me included) when they changed to Red and Black.

i receive d a red 3rd jersey as a gift a few years ago, but i am proiud to say i have never PURCHASED any of that ugly red and black stuff.

however, when the new ones come out, i'll be the first in line to buy 2 new ones for both me and my girlfriend.

I watched a few minutes of the USA/Canada juniors game yesterday and thought that the new jerseys looked terrible. The thought that came back to mind was those hockey pants that the Flyers and Whalers wore back in the 1980s...remember those? Horrible.

Right on the money Tarrytown...I thought the samething when I saw the game: CooperAlls are back!

Archived