Any ideas?

deluca67

How about a nickname for the Vanek, Connolly and Kotlik line? Any thoughts.

Nicknames for entire lines are tough. How many lines have three players that share something strongly enough to be espoused through a nickname?

The only thing that comes to mind is the oft-used "Fire & Ice".

The initials "V", "K", and "C" aren't the greatest to work with. How about the "Kovac Line", after the doctor of ER fame? :)

There's only been one good line nickname in the history of the Sabres and that is "The French Connection". Anyways...by the time you come up with a nickname for them, Lindy will have changed line combos 6 more times. :rolleyes:

How about a nickname for Drury & Grier instead. Lindy will never break that combo up. ;)

There's only been one good line nickname in the history of the Sabres and that is "The French Connection". Anyways...by the time you come up with a nickname for them, Lindy will have changed line combos 6 more times. :rolleyes:

How about a nickname for Drury & Grier instead. Lindy will never break that combo up. ;)

How about the Dreary duo? JK, I like 'em. Somehow we need to incorporate Jochan into the name.

in vancouver we have names for the first and second line:

bertuzzi-morrison-naslund: west coast express (wce)

sedin-sedin-carter: siblings line or brothers line (formaly two sisters and a brother; at the moment the sedins look like our first line and best players with their 15 minutes of ice time)

With no wish to be totally politically incorrect - how about "Glock" for Vanek. A very reliable, very useful (for law enforcement ) very durable Austrian made weapon. This could open up "rifle/canon" names for Kotalik.

i like this one.... however i think the gun critics will be all over that one... we can have it on our goard though... haha

Archived