"Let's Go Sabres"

Chilly

How do we know it's THE Brad Riter? I mean, I don't honestly believe Larry Playfair is Larry Playfair. :)

Are you suggesting that I'm someone that a person would pretend to be? I highly doubt that. In fact, I usually pretend to NOT be me, and I AM me.

While we're discussing the crowd, did anybody notice that the wave was counterclockwise last night? Maybe I've just never thought about it before, but it seemed weird to me for some reason and then I realized that was why.

With regard to "Let's Go Buffalo" vs. "Let's Go Sabres" thing-- I love the sold out arena jammed with people willing to chant, so let's get on the same page. My suggestion is simply that we get back to the OLD page instead inventing some new, hybrid, Rangers-ripoff page.

I know I'm not the only one irritated by this "Let's Go Sabres" development so I'm taking it upon myself to fix it in whatever way I can.

Step 1: Talk about it on postgame show.

Step 2: Reply to the thread talking about it on the message board.

Step 3: Talk to someone in the organization to get it off of the Jumbotron and out of the organists' repertoire.

Step 4: Win Stanley Cup.

Step 5: Return to blue and gold.

Who's with me?

Are you suggesting that I'm someone that a person would pretend to be?  I highly doubt that.  In fact, I usually pretend to NOT be me, and I AM me.

While we're discussing the crowd, did anybody notice that the wave was counterclockwise last night?  Maybe I've just never thought about it before, but it seemed weird to me for some reason and then I realized that was why.

With regard to "Let's Go Buffalo" vs. "Let's Go Sabres" thing-- I love the sold out arena jammed with people willing to chant, so let's get on the same page.  My suggestion is simply that we get back to the OLD page instead inventing some new, hybrid, Rangers-ripoff page.

I know I'm not the only one irritated by this "Let's Go Sabres" development so I'm taking it upon myself to fix it in whatever way I can.

Step 1:  Talk about it on postgame show.

Step 2:  Reply to the thread talking about it on the message board.

Step 3:  Talk to someone in the organization to get it off of the Jumbotron and out of the organists' repertoire.

Step 4:  Win Stanley Cup.

Step 5:  Return to blue and gold.

Who's with me?

Brad,

Keep up the fight on the dumping of "Lets go Rang er, Sabres" in favor of the proper "LET'S GO BUF-FA-LO" or even the less formal "Here we go Sabres, here we go (clap, clap)". Some traditions are too cool to allow them to meekly fall out of favor.

As for the wave, it always goes counterclockwise (when done properly). I assume that is because it is imitating a whirlpool (or maybe a toilet flushing) and that is the way water vortexes rotate in the northern hemisphere.

Dave, that is scary. Perhaps we were separated at birth. :)

While we're lobbying the Sabres to change the arena experience, how about getting rid of that blasted horn? You want to really pump up the crowd? Stop making noise for them. Let them do it, or be embarrassed at how quiet they are. I remember once the horn failed to go off, and it was like a golf tournament, some guy in a visor tapping in a two-footer for par. Polite applause.

Brad,

Keep up the fight on the dumping of "Lets go Rang er, Sabres" in favor of the proper "LET'S GO BUF-FA-LO" or even the less formal "Here we go Sabres, here we go (clap, clap)".  Some traditions are too cool to allow them to meekly fall out of favor.

As for the wave, it always goes counterclockwise (when done properly).  I assume that is because it is imitating a whirlpool (or maybe a toilet flushing) and that is the way water vortexes rotate in the northern hemisphere.

"Here we go, Sabres, Here We Go" is also acceptable.

Not to get all SAT on you, but "Star Spangled Banner" is to "Let's Go Buffalo" as "America" ("My country 'tis of thee") is to "Here We Go, Sabres, Here We Go." It's a supplement. Sometimes you wanna go casual.

While we're at it, the proper response to "da da da DA DA DA" is "SCORE!!!" not "CHARGE," but let's take this one step at a time.

This team is too good and this season is too special for the fans (who are now filling the arena!) to get this stuff wrong.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Not to get all SAT on you, but "Star Spangled Banner" is to "Let's Go Buffalo" as "America" ("My country 'tis of thee") is to "Here We Go, Sabres, Here We Go."  It's a supplement.  Sometimes you wanna go casual.

While we're at it, the proper response to "da da da DA DA DA" is "SCORE!!!" not "CHARGE," but let's take this one step at a time.

This team is too good and this season is too special for the fans (who are now filling the arena!) to get this stuff wrong.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Brad,

I want to reiterate again that its cool as hell that you are posting on the forums. I gained a lot of respect for you when you did that. :-)

I agree with you 100% on the charge thing, lol. Charge has always seemed stupid.

The Sabres aren't the only ones who yell charge. I went to Dallas and Tampa Bay games this year, and their fans also yelled it.

I view the "Here we go, Sabres, here we go" like I do "Lets go Sabres", an augmentation to the "Lets Go Buffalo" chants. "Let's Go Buffalo" is never gonna die, but heck, its fun to yell more then one thing.

And indeed, Lets go Buffalo! Oh, and happy new year. :)

Brad,

I want to reiterate again that its cool as hell that you are posting on the forums. I gained a lot of respect for you when you did that. :-)

I agree with you 100% on the charge thing, lol.  Charge has always seemed stupid. 

The Sabres aren't the only ones who yell charge.  I went to Dallas and Tampa Bay games this year, and their fans also yelled it.

I view the "Here we go, Sabres, here we go" like I do "Lets go Sabres", an augmentation to the "Lets Go Buffalo" chants.  "Let's Go Buffalo" is never gonna die, but heck, its fun to yell more then one thing.

And indeed, Lets go Buffalo! Oh, and happy new year. :)

Its not really Brad Riter. Relax. Take your lips off of this poster's ass.

Not to get all SAT on you, but "Star Spangled Banner" is to "Let's Go Buffalo" as "America" ("My country 'tis of thee") is to "Here We Go, Sabres, Here We Go."  It's a supplement.  Sometimes you wanna go casual.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Brad, going back to "old time hockey", I can't complain about the "charge" cheer.

Dave, that is scary. Perhaps we were separated at birth. :)

While we're lobbying the Sabres to change the arena experience, how about getting rid of that blasted horn? You want to really pump up the crowd? Stop making noise for them. Let them do it, or be embarrassed at how quiet they are. I remember once the horn failed to go off, and it was like a golf tournament, some guy in a visor tapping in a two-footer for par. Polite applause.

i have to disagree with this... i love the horn... that thing is awsome... it pretty much tells the whole areana that its cheering time and everyone gets up and yells... it really helps the atmosphere.... and we don't even have the loudest horn... tampa bay and anahiem both have higher pitched LOUDER horns... its nuts... i like ours... kind of simialr to the old one in the aud no?

Archived