Kozlov

mrjsbu96

this is fueled by a few blue lights tonight, but F Kozlov and the plane he took to this country.

i am just thinking of all the sweet things he had to say a few years' ago about the Sabre organization and Lindy Ruff. Well, here we are a few years later and Atlanta is how much better as an organization than the Sabres?!!?!?

This was the same Kozlov, right? F him...

Happy New Year Sabre fans...

this is fueled by a few blue lights tonight, but F Kozlov and the plane he took to this country.

i am just thinking of all the sweet things he had to say a few years' ago about the Sabre organization and Lindy Ruff. Well, here we are a few years later and Atlanta is how much better as an organization than the Sabres?!!?!?

Is he the same Kozlov? Victor or Slava?

PTR

Doesn't he have a Cup Ring?

It is the same effing Slava Kozlov; he has rings (plural), not that this means anything (Derek Plante has one, too). He was the worst bit of a very bad trade, glad he's gone & gladder that Lydman dumped him in the third.

yep, since he has a ring nothing else matters. you are 100% right.

....did he get that ring since he left Buffalo and did all of that talking?

I'm just asking? I"m not really sure? I'm not on this board that often and I don't follow hockey as much as I coach and officiate, but he got that ring since left, right? And whatever team he got that ring with, he was a major contributor? I don't remember.....

yep, since he has a ring nothing else matters. you are 100% right.

....did he get that ring since he left Buffalo and did all of that talking?

I'm just asking? I"m not really sure? I'm not on this board that often and I don't follow hockey as much as I coach and officiate, but he got that ring since left, right? And whatever team he got that ring with, he was a major contributor? I don't remember.....

Look up some stats before you post.

Koslov has 262 goals and is a +115

Add some playoff stats like :

42 goals

37 assists

+18

Try harder next time.

42 goals

37 assists

+18

Try harder next time.

yea he was pretty formidable in his prime..but now he's a nobody and should just stay quiet about his talents and about his former team

42 goals

37 assists

+18

Try harder next time.

I just don't have the time to do that stuff, but Bernie Williams is one of the best baseball playoff performers of all time - better stats than the Mantles and Ruth's of the world - but do peple think of him in that light?

Sometimes it helps to be surrounded by the talent at the right place, right time.

And again, nice work on the stats but how much of that was done since he came to Buffalo and then left Buffalo? Is that what those stats are from?

And I don't really think I originally posted about his playoff abilities or him as a player? It was more directed at his attitude he had while here and what he said after left

I just don't have the time to do that stuff, but Bernie Williams is one of the best baseball playoff performers of all time - better stats than the Mantles and Ruth's of the world - but do peple think of him in that light?

Sometimes it helps to be surrounded by the talent at the right place, right time.

And again, nice work on the stats but how much of that was done since he came to Buffalo and then left Buffalo? Is that what those stats are from?

And I don't really think I originally posted about his playoff abilities or him as a player? It was more directed at his attitude he had while here and what he said after left

What's wrong with a player that wants more ice time and more of a role. Koz is not the first or the last player that can't work under Lindy Ruff.

also,

Koz is far from being washed up. 10 goals 22 assists and is a +1. The Thrashers may have a lot of problems. He is not one of them.

And for the record.

He had 41 goals and 81 assists in his first two seasons with the Thrashers. And, 22 points in 39 games as a Sabres.

he was decent as a sabre but his bad attitude killed him... if he wanted to be here he would have been an excellent player... however right before he got the back of his knee or ankle knifed by another players skate (by accident) he was starting to pick up the goal scoring for us... its a shame we never saw what he could do with a full season.

he was decent as a sabre but his bad attitude killed him... if he wanted to be here he would have been an excellent player... however right before he got the back of his knee or ankle knifed by another players skate (by accident) he was starting to pick up the goal scoring for us... its a shame we never saw what he could do with a full season.

How would you feel falling from the top of the mountain like that.

You go from a perenial Cup contender to a team on the verge of bankruptcy. Imagine being a office manager and being traded to Burger King.

Don't forget. The only free agent the Sabres signed was Teppo. And they had to pay twice as much as the other team(Dallas) was willing to pay.

How would you feel falling from the top of the mountain like that.

You go from a perenial Cup contender to a team on the verge of bankruptcy. Imagine being a office manager and being traded to Burger King.

Your getting paid the same...be a professional, regardless of your position...

No one is bigger than the game or the Sabres...just shut your trap, lace them up, and give this team everything you've got...he didn't, so he didn't get the ice time, so he started bitching, started complaining that Buffalo sucked...what a joke

Your getting paid the same...be a professional, regardless of your position...

No one is bigger than the game or the Sabres...just shut your trap, lace them up, and give this team everything you've got...he didn't, so he didn't get the ice time, so he started bitching, started complaining that Buffalo sucked...what a joke

So, a player should just waste away on a bad team?

Unlike you and I. Players can't just get up and go to a different job. The only thing a player can do is express his displeasure and hope for a trade. If Koz was unhappy he had every right to express it and work a trade.

Think about this. How many of the Sabres are here because they has a choice to go elsewhere and chose the Sabres and how many are here because the Sabres have their rights and that's it.

yes, he does have the right to express his displeasure and show up his team and teammates, and i have the right to say he's an ass for it...

I would have had a lot more respect for him if he had quietly gone to the management and still played his balls off...

yes, he does have the right to express his displeasure and show up his team and teammates, and i have the right to say he's an ass for it...

I would have had a lot more respect for him if he had quietly gone to the management and still played his balls off...

22 points in 39 games is pretty good for a guy who didn't want to be here. I guess he did show up wouldn't you say. And I don't think he went to the press and complained. I think alot came out after he left.

I guess perception is reality. ;)

22 points in 39 games is pretty good for a guy who didn't want to be here. I guess he did show up wouldn't you say. And I don't think he went to the press and complained. I think alot came out after he left.

I guess perception is reality.  ;)

He started out in Buffalo with a chip on his shoulder. He had all of 6 points through 25 games and was a -5 (5 goals, 3 of which were described by Jim Kelley as "flukes" and 1 assist). He was benched and feuded publicly with Ruff and Regier.

Regier basically told him that the only way he would get playing time and/or get traded (which he obviously desired, but never publicly requested) was to get his head out of his butt and start playing hard. He took the lesson to heart scoring a goal and 3 assists in his 1st 3 games back in the lineup. After being benched, he scored 4 goals and 12 assists in the 12 games before being injured horribly in a game against Columbus.

So, a player should just waste away on a bad team?

Paul Kariya did it for years... never complained... not once... and waited it out and found success in anahiem eventually... he was patient and it almost paid off and he was the hardest working duck out there with selanne... now he's in nashville and i bet he's the motivating force behind that team too.... what the others have said is true... your being paid to do a job... so you get out there and give it everything you got.

Archived