Time to ring up some points at home...

LabattBlue

It's time for the Sabres to get hot. 6 straight home games starting tonight...

Dec 30 vs Atlanta

Jan 1 vs Florida

Jan 5 vs Tampa Bay

Jan 7 vs New Jersey

Jan 12 vs Phoenix

Jan 14 vs Los Angeles

9 or 10 points out of 12 seems like a realistic goal.

After that, a 3 game western swing against Edmonton, Vancouver & Calgary...ouch!

i think we can beat most of those teams... we've done it in the past... the only 2 i see trouble with is NJ and Tampa...

As for the western swing we've only faird well during those trips a few times... i think we can beat edmonton and maybe calgary but not vancouver... well probably win 1 of the 3 out there... 2 of 3 would be awsome.

Vancouver might be the most beatable team in the Sabres' eyes during that west coast swing. They've been very shaky, especially with their goaltending in shambles right now. Edmonton and Calgary are playing very well. In fact, I think Calgary moved into first in the Northwest last night with their win over the Wild.

2 points down with a win over Atlanta, 10 to go...

i guess all we can really say is just keep on rollin...we're gonna need these points down the road when march and april hit us and that intense schedule comes.. :)

exactly... and just think if we can get those points too... well be flying high... perhaps a 1st place finish... who knows what kind of injuries the senators may suffer... they may be beatable come the spring.

we need to correct the recent tendency to play only 2, or even 1, periods. weve been lucky, and had some sound goaltending, but you wont win if you take a period off.

Feling so good about this team. But can they maintain this level of play?

we all thought this run would end with biron... but miller seems to be slowly taking back this job and winning for us at the same time. i think we can do it... but if we take too many more injuries... were going to be in trouble. pray vanek and afinogeov don't go down... those to guys have been great lately.

we need to correct the recent tendency to play only 2, or even 1, periods. weve been lucky, and had some sound goaltending, but you wont win if you take a period off.

Feling so good about this team. But can they maintain this level of play?

what im beginning to notice, and it started with the islander game, is that these teams are attacking our defense a lot more and pushing us in our zone. so far weve been able to push back, but i think other teams will see the success that teams have had early in the game and use that to their advantage

Vancouver might be the most beatable team in the Sabres' eyes during that west coast swing. They've been very shaky, especially with their goaltending in shambles right now. Edmonton and Calgary are playing very well. In fact, I think Calgary moved into first in the Northwest last night with their win over the Wild.

2 points down with a win over Atlanta, 10 to go...

don't forget that vancouver is 8-0-0 against eastern teams...

most of the losses come from divisional games against calgary, edmonton, colorado and minnesota...in fact 14 of the 17 losses...the other 3: 2xkings, 1xcoyotes

Speak for yourself there, Sparky. The Sabres were winning in spite of Biron.

That's like saying they won in spite of the power play.

Marty is not Hasek nor will he ever be. But he is a solid NHL goalie that this team will need until Miller proves he can log the number of games required by an NHL goalie. That said I would still trade either today if the right deal came along.

People jump on me because I don't throw all the credit Regier's way. Some may be guilty of doing the same with Biron. He could face 50 shots and win the game 2-1 and people would hammer him on the one goal.

Speak for yourself there, Sparky. The Sabres were winning in spite of Biron.

biron didn't post great GAA at all during is run... we did score a hell of a lot during most of those games... but we did need biron somewhat... he went hot and the rest of the team rode that and just did there job which was scoring... now that his run is over its time to see what miller can do with an extended run.

Archived