GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

I forsee a very upset and nasty sabres team tonight. They'll be at home, where the smart crowd will turn on them at the first possible major mistake. It's still only 2 days from their last game, but tonight will hopefully be a dominating performance. There's some buzz that lydman will be back sooner rather than later, funk will have another day of practice under his belt, miller will be miller, and briere, drury, Pomminstein, etc. will be hungry. It's going to be a buzzsaw tonight, which means, tonight will either be a major letdown or yet another sabres explosion. This brings me to my next point: Germans love David Hasselhoff!

Sabrespace chatroom is always open and you can post your game discussion here!

GO SABRES!

I heard Hecht was dinged last game.

I don't want to fill this with rumors, so i'll wait to see what wgr or the buffalo news has to say. The d&c didn't say as to why paille was called up, just that he was. Hecht was dinged on that hit, but he did come back and played the rest of the game. hopefully that hit didn't cause a concussion or some sort of shoulder/rib/back injury.

I don't want to fill this with rumors, so i'll wait to see what wgr or the buffalo news has to say. The d&c didn't say as to why paille was called up, just that he was. Hecht was dinged on that hit, but he did come back and played the rest of the game. hopefully that hit didn't cause a concussion or some sort of shoulder/rib/back injury.

Oh.....I will :D

Big Al Kotalik is in the Lindy doghouse again. Maybe the Windy City will be more appreciative of the best PP shot in the league!

Oh.....I will :D

Big Al Kotalik is in the Lindy doghouse again. Maybe the Windy City will be more appreciative of the best PP shot in the league!

What good is the best PP shot in the league when he doesn't use it, or fires it wide?

Kotalik has not been the player he was last season, why I have no idea. In fact, I think he's been off his game since March, cause he didn't have much of a playoff either, especially on the PP.

I remember thinking he might be hurt, since we never saw that booming one-timer go off in the post season, but this far he just hasn't gotten it done. He started out hustling, but has been struggling to find his offensive touch so far.

That said, I'd be worried if everyone peaked early, Al has plenty of time to come around.

Hoping that the sabres can take one for 60 minutes tonight, hopefully the day off will allow for some fresher legs then the noodles i saw in ottawa. looking for Miller to be big tonight as we still struggle in our zone without tallinder, hopefully lydmans a go.

4-1 sabres

Briere

Pommer

Hecht

Drury

ill be there to watch tonight, lets go boys!!

I guess I was lucky to miss the game Saturday night. I was doing periodic updates on my Blackberry so I knew score-wise when it turned south, err north.

I'm encouraged that the Sabres are getting some of their walking wounded back.

We catch a break in that Tampa played and traveled last night. Tampa appears to have been smoked yesterday by the NYR. Hopefully right team at the right time.

We catch a break in that Tampa played and traveled last night. Tampa appears to have been smoked yesterday by the NYR. Hopefully right team at the right time.

tampa didn't play horribly last night, but they didn't look great either. two of the ranger goals were debatable and they had one that was disallowed. tortorella got tossed towards the end of the 2nd and everything went down hill from there.

tampa's a hit and miss team. when they're on, they look really good, but when they're off, they've gotta be one of the worst in the league. from what i've seen this season they are easily the least physical team in the league, have a ton of skill up front, and lousy defence.

Paille was called up, is someone out?

I don't know if it means anything or not, maybe Lindy Ruff wants a solid consitant 4th line tonight, or could it mean to end of Ales Kotalik? He's been rumoured the last few days to be on the way out.... Paille started off strong in Rochester, then stuggled, then came to Buffalo and when he returned to Rochester he was a new player, so i'm happy he's getting his chance again.

I don't know if it means anything or not, maybe Lindy Ruff wants a solid consitant 4th line tonight, or could it mean to end of Ales Kotalik? He's been rumoured the last few days to be on the way out.... Paille started off strong in Rochester, then stuggled, then came to Buffalo and when he returned to Rochester he was a new player, so i'm happy he's getting his chance again.

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, as HockeyBuzz has a really bad track record, but...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3735

That would be freaking awesome if true. I like Seabrook a lot.

Take this with a HUGE grain of salt, as HockeyBuzz has a really bad track record, but...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=3735

That would be freaking awesome if true. I like Seabrook a lot.

I've been reading the Kotalik for Seabrook rumors all day as well. In the end, we may need to make this type of move due to injuries increasing our cap number to the point where we have to trade someone.

I've been reading the Kotalik for Seabrook rumors all day as well. In the end, we may need to make this type of move due to injuries increasing our cap number to the point where we have to trade someone.

I think it would be a great move. I like Kotalik, but he hasn't been himself this year. Without Kotalik Paille gets called up, and our 4 PP pointmen are Pominville, Numminen, Campbell and Spacek. Seabrook can fill the void on our blueline and add some needed depth when Tallinder and Lydman come back. Not to mention the cap relief that this would bring!

All day? It's been out for like 3 days or so. And i think multiple websites have reported it.

All in all, if Kotalik doesn't have a massive game tonight, then i don't know what is wrong with him. He has a chance to be part of something special and he plays lazy thinking he's getting a free ride to the playoffs and glory but man is he gonna be suprised when he is on a flight to Phenoix or Chicago.

I think Kotalik is gonna hit anything in sight tonight and play very well offensivly.

Germans love David Hasselhoff!

You know I have heard this many times, but, the real question is where do guys

like Uwe Krupp or Jochin Hecht weigh in on this . If they are into the Knight Rider stuff,

okay, they were young then. If it was Baywatch, well okay, they were a little older then,

but if they are into his singing. They lose their swords.

Does anyone know how much cap relief we would get?

Kotalik's cap number is $2.33, Seabrook $0.942 ... so about 1.4 mil or so ... in theory ... ain't gonna happen straight up.

Well now... That does provide some room... Mr Kotalik this fan would sincerely like to thank you for your service and all that you have meant to the Sabres. I wish you the best of success in Chicago.