My game report

DR HOLLIDAY

I just got home from the game right now, 3 Red Bulls made the drive quick, LOL...........I thought it was a very sloppy game played by both sides, Sabres in the first period kept making terrible passes..........I wanted to watch Miller play, but I was pleased with Biron, he really had no chance on 2 of 3 goals............Vanek was really fun to watch, this kid is special........Roy looked lost on the ice, can skate like the wind, but freezes up when its time to make that last pass, or take a shot towards the net........Conolley looked very good at times and sure passes pretty.........The Sabres need another Defenseman that is not afraid to hit people, McKee looked like the only Defenseman willing to get mixed up in front of the net.............I was laughing my balls off at one line the leafs were using, Domi, Belak together on the same line, Brutal...........By the way, quite a few Peca shirts in the crowd..........My Sabre winning streak came to an end however.........And that does suck................ B-)

I actually have felt that Roy is playing with more confidence over the last week or two versus when he was called up. He's still a liability in his own end, but in his defense he's only played less than a full season of games in the NHL. I'll be at the game tonight and will try to keep a closer eye on his play.

Why does everyone in the league hate Roy? It seems like every player tries to take a lick at him.

I actually thought Kotalik was off yesterday. I'm not sure why Lindy picked him for the shootouts. It was a nice move but like I said he was just off again.

i thought roy looked good at the game in tampa. he's still getting used to things, but lindy is showing a lot of confidence in him.

what bothers me is that, eventhough they keep winning, they come out flat in the first. they looked like crap for 10 minutes in tampa, they did it with the isles, and then again last night. sooner or later it's going to catch up to them.

I actually thought Kotalik was off yesterday. I'm not sure why Lindy picked him for the shootouts. It was a nice move but like I said he was just off again.

I just don't get that at all -- Kotalik has a great, Al MacInnis-like heavy shot, but he's not going to fake a goalie out of his skates like a Connolly, Vanek, Max, Briere, etc. I know we have some injuries, but I think we can do better in a shootout than Kotalik -- that's not playing to his strengths...maybe Lindy had some stats on Kotalik vs. Belfour, but my instinct proved correct when he didn't come close to scoring...with Briere and Dumont out, my shootout order would be:

1) Afinogenov

2) Vanek

3) Connolly

then if needed, Drury, Roy, Hecht and then maybe Kotalik or Pominville (or maybe even Campbell)..

any other thoughts out there? I think Lindy can use our help B-)

i'd like to see hecht in a shootout. i get the feeling that in lindy's book there are quite a few guys a head of him, but i think he'd get the job done. as for kotalik, if i'm not mistaken he had done quite well in his other shootout appearances. i'd still put max, vanek, and connolly ahead of him though.

as for kotalik, if i'm not mistaken he had done quite well in his other shootout appearances. i'd still put max, vanek, and connolly ahead of him though.

Kotalik is 2 for 4 so far this season - good enough for 24th in the league..I was suprised to see that Vanek is only 1 of 4...

Why does everyone in the league hate Roy? It seems like every player tries to take a lick at him.

Roy plays everyone like he is a 6'3" 220lb power forward so a lot of guys have taken exception to that. I can't remember seeing a game lately that someone hasn't given him an elbow, slash, or push after the whistle.

Archived