GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I think the spirit was willing in the first period but the bodies were not once they started taking all those penalties. Way too much time on the PK, and they never got anything going.

Again, it's probably a good thing for Lindy to get a chance to raise his voice a bit, and we'll see how they react to adversity. For what it is worth, I thought they played a very solid game last night coming off the other loss ... let's see them do it again.

Don't get me wrong, I am ticked off right now, but ... i've still never felt better about a Sabres team on Nov. 18. I'll get over it by Monday and be pumped for the next game.

At least you're not overreacting ... did you think they were going to win 9 of every 10? Lindy will give 'em hell, even if he doesn't do it publicly ... They will be fine ...

Miller deserved better than 4 against tonight, though.

i'm not overreacting... we absolutely sucked tonight. time for a change of pace for monday's home game. nothing is guarenteed here, and this team proved it tonight... At least we all know miller is back, cause he was the only guy to show up. I'm officially sick of peters act by the way. keep stafford here when roy gets back. By the way, speaking of call ups, if you're going to dress funk, you might as well play the guy for extended stretches... campbell, numinnen and kalinin aren't made of steel and bricks. the entire team defense will step up if you play the weakest link long enough to allow those stronger links to rest a bit. Regroup for monday, that's all i can really say... well, that and i hope miller's groin doesn't tweak again.

i'm not overreacting... we absolutely sucked tonight. time for a change of pace for monday's home game. nothing is guarenteed here, and this team proved it tonight... At least we all know miller is back, cause he was the only guy to show up. I'm officially sick of peters act by the way. keep stafford here when roy gets back. By the way, speaking of call ups, if you're going to dress funk, you might as well play the guy for extended stretches... campbell, numinnen and kalinin aren't made of steel and bricks. the entire team defense will step up if you play the weakest link long enough to allow those stronger links to rest a bit. Regroup for monday, that's all i can really say... well, that and i hope miller's groin doesn't tweak again.

I guess I don't know what you mean by "change of pace" ... they can't go making crazy roster moves, nor should they. If you mean they should play better, hell yeah. But they are trying to tread water without their two best defensemen here and they just got the No. 1 goalie back ... I know they set the bar really high but no team ever has brought thier "A" game 82 times ... we're getting spoiled I think ...

nothing wrong with spoiling ourselves, but we just have to keep it in perspective. there are going to be rough stretches and honestly, how many times could they really keep playing so well minus so many important guys.

sucks to watch a game where it feels like the team didn't give it their all, but as i said, it must be kept in perspective. we are still a solid team, in a rough stretch, but still off to one of hte best starts ever in franchise history.

Where are the balls on this team? Is the Zamboni driver the only one who has them? Come on guys, show some pride. I hope there are not crapping out already. Ottawa sucks and we're their ? F that.

I don't think losing two fo three equals "".

The Sens are a damn good team. If they get any type of goaltending then can finish #1 in the East again.

It's not going to be a cake walk. Teams know what the Sabres are. Every team is going to use it's games againt the Sabres as measuring sticks. Like the Sabres would do against the Sens, Devils and Red Wings in the past.

It's good to see players like Paestch, Stafford and Novotny stepping in and playing well. When you have a smaller skill team injuries are going to be a part of the process. The ROC will play a big role in this teams success as it did last season.

I guess I don't know what you mean by "change of pace" ... they can't go making crazy roster moves, nor should they. If you mean they should play better, hell yeah. But they are trying to tread water without their two best defensemen here and they just got the No. 1 goalie back ... I know they set the bar really high but no team ever has brought thier "A" game 82 times ... we're getting spoiled I think ...

by change of pace, i do not mean trade someone or c ut someone or bench someone... I mean they need to cut the no teeth finesse crap and play some balsy playoff defense first hockey. yeah, i know we're down our top 2 defensemen, but that's not an excuse to play hard. funk and paetsch aren't tallinder and lydman, but they can still play defense... kotalik, drury, briere, vanek, et al. can still backcheck. by change of pace, i just meant that the team needs to get back to basics. hopefully a little humble pie this week, served by the senators, will do that. if i were lindy, i'd forget last night and go straight to last november's senator debacle on DVD and show that. it's one thing to lose, it's another to not show up, and lindy will be looking for heads if they don't show up again on monday.

Nothing gets me fired up more, than when the Sabres lay an egg someone on the broadcast has to say "they didn't have their legs tonight, 3 games in 5 nights, blah, blah, blah...". Maybe it was all about effort and the fact that they took a ton of stupid penalties(Pominvilles at the top of the list), their PP was terrible and their PK wasn't very good either.

We're at the quarter pole and maybe things will work out okay, but if the injuries continue to mount, Darcy deserves some criticism for three contracts when you factor in the salary cap....Kotalik, Connolly and Peters. Kotalik...Just not worth it. I didn't like him in past years and I still don't like him. Connolly...probably won't play this year and career in jeopardy. Peters...there were several other options other than paying him 500k to sit in the press box or sit on the bench and play 3 shifts. There is so little wiggle room because of being at the cap, that players that need to be up here practicing with the Sabres can only be called up on game days. Maybe Card and Funk would have performed better if they were up getting acclimated to the NHL instead of being shuttled back and forth.

One stat that bothers me is that the Sabres have been outshot in all but 7 games(I believe this is what I read) this year. To me this is an indication of two things. One...they are not as good as their record indicates. Two...they have been lucky.

I know it's still only 3 regulation losses and the injuries hurt, but this team is better than recent efforts. It's going to be a tough week, but the Sabres have 3 home games in front of sellout crowds and there should be no reason why they can't win all three.

GO SABRES!!!

by change of pace, i do not mean trade someone or c ut someone or bench someone... I mean they need to cut the no teeth finesse crap and play some balsy playoff defense first hockey. yeah, i know we're down our top 2 defensemen, but that's not an excuse to play hard. funk and paetsch aren't tallinder and lydman, but they can still play defense... kotalik, drury, briere, vanek, et al. can still backcheck. by change of pace, i just meant that the team needs to get back to basics. hopefully a little humble pie this week, served by the senators, will do that. if i were lindy, i'd forget last night and go straight to last november's senator debacle on DVD and show that. it's one thing to lose, it's another to not show up, and lindy will be looking for heads if they don't show up again on monday.

The problem with that is that if they stop playing their game, I don't think they will be as successful.