GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

after a very solid performance on Friday night, the sabres will POTENTIALLY have miller back in goal and funk in place of card. Time for some retribution against the senators for wednesday's defeat. A nice solid road game, continuing the team defense that they played las tnight will do very well for my heart. 4-1 buffalo... they'll get another empty netter.

The day of reckoning is finally here for Ottawa:

Two games ago the team hack (lawyer) was in Buffalo. He looked pissed that the team played well enough to stall the grim reaper.

Owner gives coach the dreaded "vote of confidence"

1 game ago owner gives team a pep talk.

They respond by falling behind NJ 3-0 and lose 3-2.

Now home in front of some unhappy fans and media. THE Sabres victory drops them to 20 points points behind the Sabres with 20 played and virtually the bottom of the Eastern Conference.

Too bad I'll miss it. Going to see Larry the Cable Guy live... Git-R-Done!.. "I don't care who you are, that's funny"

I thought that they would bring Sekera up instead of Funk. I know that both were injured and that's why they brought up Card. But on the Amerk's site, Card's back on the roster and Funk is gone.

If the Sabres win in resounding fashion tonight, you could see the death of the "M's" for the Sens (Mlakar, Muckler, Murray). Word is that they only bought themselves time with the win over us earlier in the week. Not helping that they lost last night. Would be fun to shake up yet another hated rival.

All right, as I mentioned after the game the Sabres just lost to the Sens, this is a chance to see the dismantling of Ottawa. They had a brief reprieve after their win, but a loss to NJ last night has the hockey world staring straight at Ottawa.

If Buffalo wins and wins big tonight, something happens. Alfredsson is moved, Murray is fired, players are sent down....something. Here is a chance to 'eliminate' a team before the play-offs even begin.

Don't crap the bed again Sabres!!

Funk over Sekera might be as simple as he is more comfortable on the right side (assuming they put him where Card was with Paetsch), although both are left-handed, so maybe not. Looking at their junior numbers, Sekera averaged more than a point per game while Funk is bigger and had more PIMs ... maybe they just want the solid guy who will make the simple play as opposed to the guy with more offensive skill.

4-3 Sabres tonight.

anyone know if this game is part of the Hockey Night in Canada coverage? If we are not going to get Rick and Jim on Center Ice than I am fine with HNIC - can't help it but get pumped up with the Saturday Night for Figthing song, etc... Makes me wish I was in Canada b/c of how Saturday night hockey is like Monday Night football here in the States!

Well there's a goal you don't see every night ... we'll take it, I thought that was a decent period. Miller looks just fine.

I'm happy to say that I was COMPLETELY wrong about Miller's injury. Totally wrong. Couldn't be more wrong if I tried.

But WTF with Lydman?