GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

sorry i'm late... didn't have a chance to log in and make my usual 6:30am game thread... i decided to sleep instead. oh well. anyhow, i have no clue as to the injury news, but what if max came back tonight? holy crap, that would be a lift... at this point, you'd almost have to bench peters, play stafford and adjust the lines a bit. salary cap be damned. also, mike card goes down in place of one of the better amerks defenders. we'll see what happens tonight.. i just hpoe they come out strong and play a good game.

I hope Max is 100% tonight, but I do not think that is likely. Part of me wishes they'd give him a few more days to rest. The Sabres are off to an unbelievable start. They should let their players have a full recovery.

Injuries or not, I don't see how Pittsburgh has the talent to steal this game. Sabres 3, Pens 1.

talent, i think they have...just not quite the poise to beat us right yet.

lets get that bad taste out of our mouths tonight...

5-1 good guys.

I've seen bruised to broken on the hand and a couple of days to two weeks on Roy.

Max may go, maybe not until Monday.

Miller may be backup maybe not play until Sat or Mon..

if miller's a backup, you better believe that marty's getting a shutout tonight... that's not saying anything bad about marty's performance as of late, but that's just how he is... when he's got someone breathing on his shoulder he plays better. Good for the sabres, bad for the pens.

if miller's a backup, you better believe that marty's getting a shutout tonight... that's not saying anything bad about marty's performance as of late, but that's just how he is... when he's got someone breathing on his shoulder he plays better. Good for the sabres, bad for the pens.

Wouldn't surprise me.

And if Dennis is the backup, I would assume another 5 goal night is needed to secure victory.

Marty's funny that way. TOO funny.

I really think you guys are 180 degrees wrong on this issue ... Marty has not played his best of late, but that is not the reason. Sometimes guys just suck for a few games. His best season, by FAR, was when he played 72 games and had NO ONE pushing him. (not saying it was good enough that he should have been undisputed #1 the following year, just that it was HIS best) ... As soon as Lindy showed that he was giving Noronen a chance to win the job the next season, Marty became inconsistent. Once Miller joined the party, it got even worse. Last year, he was at his best when Miller was in the press box and then late in the season when he knew there was no chance he was going to be the guy in the playoffs, he just went out and played. I really think he is better when he's not looking over his shoulder or worrying about getting the hook. He's still not better than Miller of course, but it's when he is at HIS best.

Oh yeah ... 5-4 Sabres tonight ...

I really think you guys are 180 degrees wrong on this issue ... Marty has not played his best of late, but that is not the reason. Sometimes guys just suck for a few games. His best season, by FAR, was when he played 72 games and had NO ONE pushing him.

I remember that season, and you're right.

However I also remember that he started out pretty well that year, with better numbers than Hasek for October, and then tailed off as the season progressed, along with the rest of the team. Nobody was having a good year.

It does seems like a an atypical season for Marty though, as he's usually been a slow starter, and turned it on late in the season when we were either out of it, or fighting to catch the 8th seed.

I think it was an atypical season for the mental aspect of his game as well.

Doesn't matter now though, we're talking 2006, Marty's starting, he needs to be solid, the PP needs to click, and the team needs to win.

GO SABRES!!