Islanders looking to trade 'Miroslug'?

bottlecap

this from Hockey Trade rumors.com

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article5986.html

Re: Islanders and Blackhawks Ready to Pull the Trigger? (Score: 1)

by Adam_0486 on Tuesday, December 27 @ 18:01:59 EST

(User Info | Send a Message)

I recently heard from multiple sources (CBC, CBS, Sportsnet) that Chicago is absolutely going to make a deal before the trade deadline involving the acquisition of a #1 centre. CBC went as far as saying it will happen right after the holiday break (just so players can enkoy the holidays at home). No deal was speculated but they (the CBC and Sportsnet) said Chicago is looking hard at a few teams and in particular Toronto and Jason Allision. Not to get carried away i also heard that Chicago is willing to part with Mark Bell in a trade for a centre. So i just wanted to say that this is also a possible deal to look out for. As for the Islanders last i heard they were trying to trade Satan and a defensman Zhitnik, Ninimaa, but whatever became of the rumors of Parrish to Calgary... I really would have liked to see a team USA re-union with Amonte and Parrish.

this from Hockey Trade rumors.com

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article5986.html

Re: Islanders and Blackhawks Ready to Pull the Trigger? (Score: 1)

by Adam_0486 on Tuesday, December 27 @ 18:01:59 EST

(User Info | Send a Message)

I recently heard from multiple sources (CBC, CBS, Sportsnet) that Chicago is absolutely going to make a deal before the trade deadline involving the acquisition of a #1 centre. CBC went as far as saying it will happen right after the holiday break (just so players can enkoy the holidays at home). No deal was speculated but they (the CBC and Sportsnet) said Chicago is looking hard at a few teams and in particular Toronto and Jason Allision. Not to get carried away i also heard that Chicago is willing to part with Mark Bell in a trade for a centre. So i just wanted to say that this is also a possible deal to look out for. As for the Islanders last i heard they were trying to trade Satan and a defensman Zhitnik, Ninimaa, but whatever became of the rumors of Parrish to Calgary... I really would have liked to see a team USA re-union with Amonte and Parrish.

To think. A team could actually get something in return instead of just letting them walk for nothing?

Wow. That's a strange concept.

And by the way. If Parrish is on the block? Why isn't he a Sabres today.

Guest Guest_toddkaz

Parish is a bum and DELUCA we don't need your advice anymore you are dead wrong about everything thisd year. You are NOT a sabres fan so hit the road

Remember our bet goals for Briere and Drury against miro Sh?tan in the playoffs?

Where is my 20 bucks deadbeat?????

Parish is a bum and DELUCA we don't need your advice anymore you are dead wrong about everything thisd year. You are NOT a sabres fan so hit the road

Remember our bet goals for Briere and Drury against miro Sh?tan in the playoffs?

Did the playoffs start?

Satan has 14 goals in 44 career playoff games (.318 gpg)

Drury has 26 goals in 80 career playoff games (.325 gpg) -- not to mention that he has eleven game-winners.

Briere has 2 goals in 6 career playoff games (.333 gpg)

Did you really make that bet, DeLuca? Satan against Drury and Briere combined in the playoffs? You'd have been better off taking Satan against one of the two... if, that is, the Isles even MAKE the playoffs.

Did you really make that bet, DeLuca?? Satan against Drury and Briere combined in the playoffs?? You'd have been better off taking Satan against one of the two... if, that is, the Isles even MAKE the playoffs.

He did. It was prior to the season starting when DeLuca was not pleased with the way the team looked on paper. His point was that he felt the Isles would make the playoffs and the Sabres would not.

EDIT: At the time he was making statements to that effect he had a lot of support from so-called "experts". He's also been hammered quite a bit for those views. Although I would never be so bold as to speak for him, my guess is that he'd prefer to continue to get hammered and watch the Sabres continue winning rather than have the Sabres tank and get to say "I told you so".

Look at the bright side guys. We're doing good!

DeLuca prediction or not, that's good news for

all of us. I'd rather have him make bad predictions

and us do good than the opposite. At this point,

I'd much rather be the Sabres than say the Islanders,

although we've yet to put up a string of four Stanleys.

Don't waste your breath on petty arguments guys.

Happy New Year all.

Satan has 14 goals in 44 career playoff games (.318 gpg)

Drury has 26 goals in 80 career playoff games (.325 gpg) -- not to mention that he has eleven game-winners.

Briere has 2 goals in 6 career playoff games (.333 gpg)

Did you really make that bet, DeLuca? Satan against Drury and Briere combined in the playoffs? You'd have been better off taking Satan against one of the two... if, that is, the Isles even MAKE the playoffs.

Could you please list Drury's playoff stats when he didn't play with Forsberg and Sakic?

Also,

Did you hear that Briere may be out for the year. I did not see this coming unlike those who claim that Darcy knew that Peca whould be hurt.

I'll pay the $20. I don't even care that Kaz didn't accept until after the Sabres went on their run.

Let the Wolverines run.

Could you please list Drury's playoff stats when he didn't play with Forsberg and Sakic?

I know I'll regret inserting myself into this nonsense, but Drury did have a great playoff run in 2001 (23 GP, 11G, 5A); Forsberg was absent for 12 of those games (and no, I don't know which games and I will not do the research).

I also know this has nothing to do with your original point, that at the beginning of the season, it looked to you like NYI would go deeper into postseason play than Buffalo.

Not sure I would have agreed back then (all along, I've thought the Isles weak), but let's all face this and be honest: the Sabres are an incredibly nice surprise. No reasonable individual would have thought in September that this team would be contending for the division lead in December. Most thought the team would be somewhere between 7th and 10th in the conference. (The Bills are not the only reason this team wasn't selling out early games; lack of fan confidence was the major factor.) And if you asked the average fan in September what this team would look like with long-term injuries to Miller, Briere, and Dumont, the average fan would have lowered expectations to 9th - 15th place. No normal person suspected the team would be this freaking good.

Yes, a couple of people will claim that they are normal and that all along, they knew this team would go on a big win binge. I won't believe that they are normal, nor will I believe that they are truthful.

What I will do is enjoy this season and not worry too much about who thought this team would or wouldn't make the playoffs when we looked at the roster and schedule in September. I'm getting sick of watching nearly every discussion get threadjacked into the same argument between the same people, and I hope everyone can cut the crap.

I know I'll regret inserting myself into this nonsense, but Drury did have a great playoff run in 2001 (23 GP, 11G, 5A); Forsberg was absent for 12 of those games (and no, I don't know which games and I will not do the research).

I also know this has nothing to do with your original point, that at the beginning of the season, it looked to you like NYI would go deeper into postseason play than Buffalo.

Not sure I would have agreed back then (all along, I've thought the Isles weak), but let's all face this and be honest: the Sabres are an incredibly nice surprise. No reasonable individual would have thought in September that this team would be contending for the division lead in December. Most thought the team would be somewhere between 7th and 10th in the conference. (The Bills are not the only reason this team wasn't selling out early games; lack of fan confidence was the major factor.) And if you asked the average fan in September what this team would look like with long-term injuries to Miller, Briere, and Dumont, the average fan would have lowered expectations to 9th - 15th place. No normal person suspected the team would be this freaking good.

Yes, a couple of people will claim that they are normal and that all along, they knew this team would go on a big win binge. I won't believe that they are normal, nor will I believe that they are truthful.

What I will do is enjoy this season and not worry too much about who thought this team would or wouldn't make the playoffs when we looked at the roster and schedule in September. I'm getting sick of watching nearly every discussion get threadjacked into the same argument between the same people, and I hope everyone can cut the crap.

Eleven. I agree with you 100%

I would prefer to talk about what the Sabres are doing and what they need to finish the job. But for some reason I have become a focal point which is a position I am not comfortable with. There are alot of "fans" who post and seem to be more interested in dragging me into old worn out topics like Miro and Z. What people don't realize is that no matter what the Sabres do it won't have any effect on my feelings on how that was handled.

I do like and wil continue to toss things out there because I know it makes certain peoples head explode. Thats just fun :rolleyes:

Archived