GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Well, as of right now, miller, lydman and afinogenov are playing, due to the fact that their three amerks replacements were reassigned yesterday. If i were a betting man, i'd say that miller will back up biron, lydman will be a game time decision, and stafford or paille will be recalled for afinogenov sometime today. If lydman wakes up in the next 20 minutes and realizes that he can't go, card will come up, if he goes to the pregame skate and then decides not to play, we'll just roll 5 defensemen. That brings me to my next point... at this time of the year, paetsch is a huge upgrade over rory fitzpatrick from last year... I love the amerks! ok, back to the game... on monday we got our offensive mojo back... tonight we get our defensive mojo back. buffalo 3 ottawa 1. marty stands on his head because tonight's going to be his last start for a while.

7:00pm

Well, as of right now, miller, lydman and afinogenov are playing, due to the fact that their three amerks replacements were reassigned yesterday. If i were a betting man, i'd say that miller will back up biron, lydman will be a game time decision, and stafford or paille will be recalled for afinogenov sometime today. If lydman wakes up in the next 20 minutes and realizes that he can't go, card will come up, if he goes to the pregame skate and then decides not to play, we'll just roll 5 defensemen. That brings me to my next point... at this time of the year, paetsch is a huge upgrade over rory fitzpatrick from last year... I love the amerks! ok, back to the game... on monday we got our offensive mojo back... tonight we get our defensive mojo back. buffalo 3 ottawa 1. marty stands on his head because tonight's going to be his last start for a while.

I would like to see Miller back in the net if he's 100% fit. while Biron has won all his starts this season, I think he's looked pretty shaky in the last three games.

He allowed a very soft goal against The Cryers on Saturday, and a very soft one on The DivingCanes tying goal the other night. He was also doing a less than stellar job of controlling his rebounds, which also resulted in two goals. That said, he did come up with a gamesaver when Kalinin fell and gave The Cryers a 3 on 0 break, so it's looking a lot like last year for him when he had that sick winning streak going.

Miller on the other hand hasn't been completely on his game either of late, but I still think he's played better than Marty, even though their GAA is virtually identical during the last stretch.

What's really sick though is that the team is still winning!

here's the conspiracy theory... did miller actually hurt himself sometime around that 3-0 shutout of the islanders? that was the demarcation of when his game began to slip... just a t hought.

Either way, if miller is going to dress, i think he still needs to be the backup, just so that he hopefully has more rest for the weekend. soft goals or not, we beat the canes by 3 goals. start biron tonight, miller on friday and saturday

on monday we got our offensive mojo back... tonight we get our defensive mojo back. buffalo 3 ottawa 1. marty stands on his head because tonight's going to be his last start for a while.

I never knew we lost our offensive mojo. :blink:

I do like the prediction. 3-1 Buffalo.

From the Buffalo News this morning...

Faceoff: 7 p.m. in HSBC Arena

TV: MSG Radio: 550 AM Season Series: Sabres lead, 1-0Buffalo Sabres Who's hot: C Daniel Briere has four goals, six assists in past five games.

Record last 5: 4-1

Power play: 20-99 (20.2%)

Penalty killing: 72-86 (83.7%)

Injuries: C Tim Connolly (concussion), RW Maxim Afinogenov (shoulder) and D Henrik Tallinder (arm) are out. G Ryan Miller (muscle strain) may dress but won't play. D Toni Lydman (migraines) is questionable.

Fast fact: C Derek Roy on Monday became 10th Sabres player with a game-winning goal this season.

Turn that Rochester bus around....

here's the conspiracy theory... did miller actually hurt himself sometime around that 3-0 shutout of the islanders? that was the demarcation of when his game began to slip... just a t hought.

Either way, if miller is going to dress, i think he still needs to be the backup, just so that he hopefully has more rest for the weekend. soft goals or not, we beat the canes by 3 goals. start biron tonight, miller on friday and saturday

I still think they should split the weekend up. 2nd games of back to backs can be tough. Especially if Miller is coming off an injury. If he hasn't been working out since the injury, his conditioning might not be 100% right now.

This is game 1 of 2 that puts an end to the Ottawa coaches' tenure. The job will be completed on Saturday night in from of their home town fans.

If there is a blowout, which I am not predicting, Muckler could be on the line, no?

I predict right on average Buffalo 4.7 Ottawa 3.2

Safe bet. As long as we are 18.9 % tonight on the power play.