I absolutely love this quote...

Kristian

Couldn't agree more.

Although Peca isn't what he used to be, I'm sure they're all ecastic on the island, that Yashin was handed the C.

There was never a softer, less motivated playmaker than Yashin in this league, and Satan is made from the very same mold, with less talent though.

I'm sure guys like Jason Blake are having a whale of a time :D

Now where are the Satan and Zhitnik Booster Club that were spreading tales of iminent doom after they were pretty much cut loose by the Sabres?

What a difference a lengthy winning streak makes... :ph34r:

Never let facts get in the way of a good story eh Foil?

Regier tried very hard to sign Z. Up until Z signed with the Islanders Regier had hoped and expected that Z would be a Sabre. But lets not little facts like that get in the way of your point.

Lets break things down a bit.

The Sabres have 25 wins. That's a great number so early in the season.

4 wins against Pittsburgh

3 wins against Boston

2 wins against Washington.

That's 9 of 25 against the 3 worst teams in the conference. That's 36% of their wins.

Add in 4 more against the Islanders and 1 against Jersey you have 56% against non Eastern Conference playoff teams.

It's 64% if you add in the West's non playoff teams.

That leaves 36% (or 9 wins) against teams that would make the playoff if they started today, which they don't.

Just something to chew on while your looking at the Sabres March/April schedule.

3 wins against Boston

That's 9 of 25 against the 3 worst teams in the conference. That's 36% of their wins.

Detroit and Nashville each have 10 wins against Columbus, St. Louis & Chicago who are aruguably as bad if not worse then the trio of teams you mentioned in your post. Does this make Detroit & Nashville overrated teams?

Compared to past years when the Sabres made a habit out of losing games they should be winning(playing down to the level of their opponents), I look at it as they are now winning games that they should be winning.

Detroit and Nashville each have 10 wins against Columbus, St. Louis & Chicago who are aruguably as bad if not worse then the trio of teams you mentioned in your post. Does this make Detroit & Nashville overrated teams?

Compared to past years when the Sabres made a habit out of losing games they should be winning(playing down to the level of their opponents), I look at it as they are now winning games that they should be winning.

You're Right.

My point is that things will get tougher. They need to pad their point total as much as possible. The March/April schedule can be a killer and will go a long way towards where the Sabres finish.

DELUCA the sabres are winners MARCH/APRIL will be tough for our apponents coming to our home when we are sold out!!!!

Playoffs baby

DELUCA quit being so negative and love the sabres it is okay.

We will make a big trade soon with BIRON we sell out games the more money we have to trade.

Missing THE SABRES in Ireland go sabres go!

DELUCA the sabres are winners MARCH/APRIL will be tough for our apponents coming to our home when we are sold out!!!!

Playoffs baby

DELUCA quit being so negative and love the sabres it is okay.

We will make a big trade soon with BIRON we sell out games the more money we have to trade.

Missing THE SABRES in Ireland go sabres go!

Riiight??

Because this March/April Schedule is the same as last season? :blink:

DELUCA it doesn't matter who we play we are a better team we are good and they have to beat us?

You don't get it i guess you don't know what it is to be a winner that is okay. Winners win and winners think they are going to win. Losers have many questions and hesitate at things like schedules, injuries and sellouts.

What are you Deluca?

Regier tried very hard to sign Z. Up until Z signed with the Islanders Regier had hoped and expected that Z would be a Sabre. But lets not little facts like that get in the way of your point.

3 wins against Boston

Add in 4 more against the Islanders and 1 against Jersey you have 56% against non Eastern Conference playoff teams.

That leaves 36% (or 9 wins) against teams that would make the playoff if they started today, which they don't.

Just something to chew on while your looking at the Sabres March/April schedule.

good god the statistical analysis is nuts... come on now i think they've accomplished something... lets remeber 2 points is 2 points whether it comes from ottawa or it comes from pittsburgh... really i mean there not of any less value... fact is where in the playoffs right now and when they start the whole game changes... right now there playing for money and playing with heart and dedication.... imagine when there playing for themselves in the playoffs how much heart and work they'll put into it... they know how to do it and there filled with confidence...

DELUCA it doesn't matter who we play we are a better team we are good and they have to beat us?

You don't get it i guess you don't know what it is to be a winner that is okay. Winners win and winners think they are going to win. Losers have many questions and hesitate at things like schedules, injuries and sellouts.

What are you Deluca?

Riight?

"Losers have many questions and hesitate at things like schedules, injuries and sellouts."

So? Every person who calls into a talk show or posts is a "loser".

Questions are what make you smarter. They expand your mind. They enlighten.

This is what I call a loser.

A person who accepts everything that is told to them.

A Person who is afraid to go against the grain.

A person who has no thoughts of their own.

A person who ignores the topic and attacks the speaker.

A front runner. AKA a "band wagon fan".

I feel sorry for you Kaz. Why? I am more then happy with what the Sabres have done. I can sit back and enjoy it. You can't. It drives you nuts that the Sabres are winning and yet I enjoy it. I enjoy it because I have put my time in. I don't blindly agree or accept everything they do. This team is a payoff for me. Lockouts, strikes and sales? I've been there. The two Cup Runs and the two #1 overall draft picks? I've beeen there.

Loser?

Check the mirror Bro. I stand behind everything I post. Can you say the same.? No. Because you don't say anything.

Guest sabres522

3 wins against Boston

yea the schedule in march and april is scary...no doubt about it

Archived