PASabreFan

But is the return of Ryan Miller, whose 2.46 GAA is seventh-best in the NHL, the sole answer?

Food for thought as I pass on another sugar cookie. I never want to see another sugar cookie in my life! (I didn't just say that -- it must be the green food coloring in the frosting talking.)

But is the return of Ryan Miller, whose 2.46 GAA is seventh-best in the NHL, the sole answer?

Food for thought as I pass on another sugar cookie. I never want to see another sugar cookie in my life! (I didn't just say that -- it must be the green food coloring in the frosting talking.)

That GAA may be a little inflated too, since there were a few high scoring games (Ottawa, even the first win over the Isles). He hasn't really had enough starts for his stats to even out yet. Just look at the statistical effect the two games last week had on his GAA.

I think Miller is definately the number 1 goalie...but I would like to see Ruff handle the goalie situation better than he has in the past. Biron is going to need a start every now and then to give Miller a rest (look at the schedule after the Olympic break, we can't run Miller into the ground), and Noronnen should get some work too, so if a Biron trade does happen, he will be ready to fill in every few games.

For this week...I would start Miller in TO on Thursday, give Biron the start on Friday, and let Miller go again on Sunday.

I don't know how to work Noronnen into the equation. Any ideas?

GAA are up alot this year, compared to the no-goal NHL of a few years ago....... B-)

But they do need to lower it, perhaps with the addition of another quality defenceman this can happen.

exactly... its up everywhere in the leauge i would think... pretty soon that number will actually be a good stat if this scoring fiasco continues... i love the new scoring its just skewed the stats a little from what they were last year.

Archived