Tough Call

Allan in MD

Who will be in goal Monday? If it isn't Marty, and you're going to start riding Miller again, make the trade while the streak is a fresh memory and Biron's value thus remains high, and while other teams still need of a goalie. If Marty starts sitting, his value decreases daily.

This is the opportunity to really solidify our defense.

I feel a lot more comfortable when Miller is in goal. Marty is very formidable but Miller just gives you this extra confidence and maybe a sense of the unknown since we've seen what Marty has done in the past and Miller's future is full of possibilities......so I would play Miller and then I'd play Miller on Thursday against the Leafies and so on......so as much as I really really really like Marty (I have his jersey), this year feels special and some sacrifices have to be made to shore up the defense, ie get rid of Fitzpatrick, and such.....so play Millsey!

I guess we can all agree to disagree, but I just don't think Marty's value is all that much higher now than it was six weeks ago. Maybe as part of a package, Marty can help bring a quality defenseman, but one for one, I don't think so. Actually, as patient as Darcy is, I wouldn't be surprised if no move is made at all involving Biron any time soon. And I think it's a no-brainer now that Miller is the starter and gets the bulk of the starts. Merry Christmas everyone!

I guess we can all agree to disagree, but I just don't think Marty's value is all that much higher now than it was six weeks ago. Maybe as part of a package, Marty can help bring a quality defenseman, but one for one, I don't think so. Actually, as patient as Darcy is, I wouldn't be surprised if no move is made at all involving Biron any time soon. And I think it's a no-brainer now that Miller is the starter and gets the bulk of the starts. Merry Christmas everyone!

agreed. one streak doesnt make marty that much more valuable, but he is certainly more valuable than at the beginning of the season. at least people saw he could still play.

but agreed that darcy is unable to make a deal for just biron. I think we will need to put a package together to get something in return that really helps this team.

merry christmas.

Archived