GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Wow. 3 straight OT wins.

Not happy with how they won, but I'll take the points.

Gotta bury a team like the Flyers. Still, this team does not quit. That is something to be very proud of.

But I'd prefer the blowouts on occasion.

How was Biron's 3 on OHHH save at 4 - 3?? I'd say Biron did what he needed to do.

Another OT win on a PP. Sooner or later that is going to come back and haunt us.. But not tonight,

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: --- :death: :death: :death: :death:

Boy if the Flyers didn't hate us before tonight, this just sealed the deal..

Got this from the paper on Flyers: {However, Philadelphia played with an energy and intensity that's been missing most of this season. They also showed up with a bit more aggression as Triston Grant, Mike Richards and Ben Eager all got in some punches -- and 5-minute majors -- in three fights that energized the team.

"It was old Flyers hockey," R.J. Umberger said. "That's how we've got to play, to go back to our roots.}

Please Philadelphia, go back to your roots and old-style hockey. You'll be cellar dwellers for another decade!

While I am not a fan of that style, it DID work for that team last night. The game was completely in Buffalo's control and then the second fight started. Right after that, Philly was energized and outplayed the Sabres for the rest of the second and most of the third. They came within a whisker of winning.... Those losses hurt as much as blowouts.. They fought all the way back, took the lead and then lost it when they got caught with too many men on the ice. You know they really wanted that game last night to "save" their season; give them some momentum. Instead, their only star ended up getting fined for yelling at the refs on an obvious call.

Agreed it did work for their team, but their team still has that "old hockey mentality. Here's another quote: ("I stepped on the ice and saw the puck come toward me," Robitaille said.

"I knew if I touched it it would be too many men, but I didn't interfere with their guy and as far as I'm concerned a tie game with 30 seconds left, that's a questionable call.")

Once again, as long as these guys still don't get the refs aren't going to let stuff slide in the last five minutes of a close game. they'll continue to fall behind the rest. Robitalle paid for his thoughts with the misconduct at the end of the game.

I think we're in violent agreement on this one!

Wow. 3 straight OT wins.

Not happy with how they won, but I'll take the points.

Gotta bury a team like the Flyers. Still, this team does not quit. That is something to be very proud of.

I'm not happy with the third period, but if it weren't for some amazing goaltending by Nittymaki in the first and second, it would have been a blowout. Imagine Esche facing some of those early shots!

I had to listen to the Philly call of the game on XM last night... their announcers were positively giddy after the Flyers went up 4-3. They said something about how the Sabres were "in an unfamiliar position, down by a goal with less than seven minutes to play." Uh? Weren't they down THREE goals with under nine to go a couple weeks ago?

Their announcers basically put this game in the bag when it got under five minutes. Then Danny scored to tie it and they started talking about what a moral victory it was to just have been able to skate with "the best team in the NHL" for 60 minutes. :D

I'm not happy with the third period, but if it weren't for some amazing goaltending by Nittymaki in the first and second, it would have been a blowout. Imagine Esche facing some of those early shots!

That and the fact that a lot of our shots were missing the net. We had a bunch of great scoring opportunities we didn't capitalize on. I distinctly remember Hecht firing one wide when he was right on the doorstep.

I'm not going to read through this thread, so I don't know if this comment was made or not. I'm amazed at how the team won in the same exact way they did against Florida on friday night. The OT powerplay goal had the same 4 players on the ice and it was scored on the same exact play, except this time, Briere's shot got through and Vanek didn't have to pick up the rebound.

I'm not going to read through this thread, so I don't know if this comment was made or not. I'm amazed at how the team won in the same exact way they did against Florida on friday night. The OT powerplay goal had the same 4 players on the ice and it was scored on the same exact play, except this time, Briere's shot got through and Vanek didn't have to pick up the rebound.

Except it took 2 more seconds 21 vice 19.. so they were obviously tired....

This is the one game all year I won't be able to "watch". With directv I can't get Philly's comcast (and it is ofcourse blacked out on CI for me)and I will not watch with 99% Philly fans (if I can't cheer like I want to, it isn't any fun). Thank God for being able to listen to RJ on the computer!

Hey, If that ever happens to you again, I'd be happy to host you, I Have CI on cable, so I still get comcast. And I'vegot hi-def. So PM me.