Roy and Vanek on the PP

inkman

But I can think at least a half dozen other forwards I'd like to see playing the PP. Let's eliminate Briere and JP, obviously they are hurt. Connolly, Kotalik, Drury, Gaustad, Afinogenov, Grier(yeah, I said it), Hecht, and Pominville would all be better suited on the PP. I like both of them but they don't seem confident enough to operate out there and make correct decisions.

I love their line playing 5 on 5 but certain individuals can play on the PP and right now i don't like their decision making/dump ins on the PP.

But I can think at least a half dozen other forwards I'd like to see playing the PP.  Let's eliminate Briere and JP, obviously they are hurt.  Connolly, Kotalik, Drury, Gaustad, Afinogenov, Grier(yeah, I said it), Hecht, and Pominville would all be better suited on the PP.  I like both of them but they don't seem confident enough to operate out there and make correct decisions. 

I love their line playing 5 on 5 but certain individuals can play on the PP and right now i don't like their decision making/dump ins on the PP.

Except for Gaustad & Grier, all the players listed already get their fair share of PP time. You need to have two units and I believe that Roy and Vanek belong on one of the two units.

I'm aware of the two units. Kotalik, Drury, Connolly, Hect and Campbell are the top unit (minus DB and JP). Roy, Numminen, Vanek, Afinogeov, and Pominville appear to be the second unit. The entire second unit seems to be guys 5'9" to barely 6' tall. Size isn't everything, especially given the new rules but inserting Gaustad for Roy or Grier for Vanek might make the second unit a little more effective.

I'm aware of the two units.  Kotalik, Drury, Connolly, Hect and Campbell are the top unit (minus DB and JP).  Roy, Numminen, Vanek, Afinogeov, and Pominville appear to be the second unit.  The entire second unit seems to be guys 5'9" to barely 6' tall.  Size isn't everything, especially given the new rules but inserting Gaustad for Roy or Grier for Vanek might make the second unit a little more effective.

Teppo and Vanek are both listed as 6'2". That being said, I do agree that Gaustad should get some PP time. He's a good face off man, has shown some goal scoring touch and definitely has the toughness to hang out in front of the net.

Archived