Sabres vs Panthers

jp...

Sure, that makes sense. Let's work with a one game sample, in which Biron is 0-1, rather than a 21-game sample, in which he's 15-5-1. The one game clearly would demonstrate his "true self"

I also think it's a good idea to get worked up over one loss in the last three weeks. Most NHL teams are able to go months and months without losing. Also, most NHL teams win games in which they score only once.

But I guess the Sabres' shooters--'cept Vanek of course--showed their "true selves" last night.

His streak means #%^$#! when it comes to evaluating Biron.

Biron has let in at least one ECHL goal every damn game this season. Not one shutout. This game the offense finally couldn't score 3 or 4 to save his ass. His GAA is firmly above 3.0 and his save percentage is solidly below .900 DESPITE his ridiculous win streak.

The Stumpel SH goal and the goal that was a direct result of his awful turnover were both goals that NHL starting goalies should not allow.

Martin Biron has had 10 years to learn that he sucks at playing the puck. WHEN WILL HE STOP TRYING!??!?

who gets the start tonight?? i say miller...

on the surface you can't take last night's game as a representitive sample of biron, but if you dig deeper you can. He's been horrible when he's had breathing on his neck. Also, he's huge trade bate now. one more game like last night will taint that. Play miller and trade marty after the trade freeze. Last night might have been a one game fluke, however, i wouldn't risk our standing that it wasn't. Biron has been a streaky goalie that is soft under the pressure of playing better than the backup. 15-5-1 with no backup is very impressive but it did nothing to alter history. Expect the sabres to come out and grind out a victory tonight, expect miller to start, and expect to say goodbye to marty.

edit: i'll edit in some clarification... This is not a rj vs. flutie type of debate with miller vs. marty... miller was named the starter, and played to deserve to be. marty also played to be the backup (ie sucking). then he played well when miller got hurt. The end result WILL be the same... Miller will be the starter going into the playoffs. The only difference between the end result now and what it was projected in october is now we'll get a player and a draft pick as opposed to a bag of pucks. Marty, i've always liked you.. you're a likeable guy, a decent goalie... however, you just can't handle the internal pressure and i'm not willing to go all in on you.

I agree Corp. I just don't trusty Marty. Never have. Never will.

Obviously he didn't help things, but the two Sabres who couldn't tie up the goal scorer in front of the net didn't help out either.

The one I'm surprised that no one mentioned was the shorthanded goal. It looked to me like he was a little bit off to the right, showing Stumpel a little more net. It may have been the camera angle though. Either way, that was a great shot by Stumpel.

Stay on your FX$@^NG feet, Marty!!!!

Archived