Top 25 memorable Sabres games

PASabreFan

One of my favorite Sabre memorys was an end to end goal by Gilbert Perrault. I cant recall which game but man that was one of the greatest goals I have ever seen!

You guys have posted some good ones.

I always love Gilbert going end to end. When he would circle our net, you could always feel the energy level rise in the Aud.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE.

I also loved the JS's fight with Cashman.

I also will never forget "Thank You Sabres" when we lost to the stinking Flyers.

My favorite memory though was the tradition that my Dad and I had. During the week, he would pick me up at school and we would have dinner at Chef's before Sabres games. Great memories.

While not a game, a very memorable Sabres event for many "kids" my age was the open practice around Christmas. The Aud was full and hopping with the energy of young kids on Christmas break. I remember being amazed at the number of years in a row that the tied scrimmage was decided by a penalty shot.

Being a frequent visitor to the Aud from 1970 to 1979 these summaries do indeed bring back good memories. I remember the "fog game" and the "Thank You Sabres" game like it were yesterday.

Left Buffalo for good in 1979 and haven't seen them play in person since then.

Good ones, dave.

Speaking of 14, the Sabres beat the Leafs 14-4 in March 1981. It was the first time I sat in the oranges, and I will never forget the chant of "...12, 13, 14... we want 15!"

A couple more:

The Sabres sweeping the Habs on Montreal's home ice in 1998.

Jason Woolley's OT goal in Dallas in the finals.

The Sabres beating the Blues in the last game of the season in 73 to sneak into the playoffs.

And, although not a Sabre game, both Rick Martin and Gil Perreault scoring in the NHL All Star game held at the Aud in 1978.

There are many more. Come on, people! :)

My personal favorites out of the ones I've attended are all playoff games:

1. Curtis Brown top shelf where Mama keeps the cookies! Overtime win over Philly, first round, 2001. Nothing is better than beating Philly. Unless it's beating them in the playoffs, especially in overtime.

2. Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals, 1999. Sabres beat the Leafs to take a 2-1 series lead, and Peca absolutely NAILS an unsuspecting Domi coming out of the box. I've never had more fun at a hockey game. Worth every penny I paid a scalper for those tickets.

3. Game 1, first round against Ottawa, 1997. First playoff game in the new place. Hardest working team in hockey. That season, and that series, was so much fun.

4. Game 1, second round, 2001. We lost this game to Pittsburgh (and would go on to lose the series in seven thanks to Gilmour) but I'll never forget Jagr finding Lemieux all alone in the first period and then Mario beating Hasek one-on-one. Even though the bad guys scored, it's still a moment to tell your grandkids about.

Archived