Racial Slurs in Quebec

jp...

I think you pretend to spit out seeds, then wipe your mouth with your sleeve. Or something.

Why should anyone be surprised there's racism in the world of hockey? The very fact that a former NHL coach of the year is coaching a junior team in Canada almost 10 years later speaks for itself.

I mean, look at the list of Jack Adams Trophy winners since 1973 ...

http://www.angelfire.com/wi/fishbert/jackadams.html

... were any of those guys banished from the league after winning it?

Why should anyone be surprised there's racism in the world of hockey? The very fact that a former NHL coach of the year is coaching a junior team in Canada almost 10 years later speaks for itself.

I don't disagree that there is some racism in hockey (there are stupid people in hockey, just as there are stupid people in nearly all walks of life), but wholeheartedly disagree if you believe racism is the reason that Ted Nolan isn't an NHL head coach.

OK, I don't believe it's 100% of the reason. I am guilty of being a bit sensational to get a discussion going. But can you discount racism as part of the reason? Like shrader said, there's a lot of the story we don't know. So isn't it possible the part of the story we don't know does involve racism?

OK, I don't believe it's 100% of the reason. I am guilty of being a bit sensational to get a discussion going. But can you discount racism as part of the reason? Like shrader said, there's a lot of the story we don't know. So isn't it possible the part of the story we don't know does involve racism?

I honestly don't think racism is any part of the reason Ted hasn't been employed in the NHL since he parted ways with the Sabres. I don't have time to post all the reasons that I think are responsible as I have to leave shortly, but may try to post them later (warning to inkman, it will be a LONG post).

Archived