Goalie Help

Allan in MD

Tonights game points up again, despite the fact that the Sabres are winning, how much they need help on D. Pucks are left lying around the crease that the goalies are helpless to stop. 4-1 leads disappear in a flash because no one clears these loose pucks. And no one clears the crease. We frequently cannot even get the puck out of our own end, once we go into our defensive shell with a lead midway thru or late in games. This will prove deadly against a team like Ottawa.

Is there any help down on the farm, while Darcy contemplates what to do with one of his goalies? What about Jillson?

Tonights game points up again, despite the fact that the Sabres are winning, how much they need help on D. Pucks are left lying around the crease that the goalies are helpless to stop. 4-1 leads disappear in a flash because no one clears these loose pucks. And no one clears the crease. We frequently cannot even get the puck out of our own end, once we go into our defensive shell with a lead midway thru or late in games. This will prove deadly against a team like Ottawa.

Is there any help down on the farm, while Darcy contemplates what to do with one of his goalies? What about Jillson?

Why not make a run at Orpik?

Also,

I was against the idea of Aaron Miller. But seems to be healthy this season. If the knees are healthy he could help.

Why not make a run at Orpik?

Also,

I was against the idea of Aaron Miller. But seems to be healthy this season. If the knees are healthy he could help.

I would love to see Orpik (Brooks--we'll see about Andrew) on this team. Somehow I think the Pens aren't selling that one.

I know Kalinin is in Ruff's "doghouse," but he isn't in mine, and I wonder how much the team is missing him right now.

I would love to see Orpik (Brooks--we'll see about Andrew) on this team. Somehow I think the Pens aren't selling that one.

I know Kalinin is in Ruff's "doghouse," but he isn't in mine, and I wonder how much the team is missing him right now.

Orpik: Why?

Kalinin: Obviously not very much.

Orpik: Why?

Kalinin: Obviously not very much.

Orpik, because I think he's a halfway-decent defenseman with local roots. If Fitzpatrick gets to play because he's from Roch., then I see Orpik (younger and better and closer) here, too.

Kalinin, maybe and maybe not. But the 3-2 games have turned into 4-3 games.

Just because he's from this area, doesn't mean i want him hear...yah he can hit, but he's having a rough time of it out there with the new rules...i think there are other d-man out there that Darcy will be targeting...

It's hard to believe that the Sabres are doing this without Kalinin, who hasn't been himself the entire year...they say he misses Z...if Z was brought back, and Kalinin came around, how good with this defense be??

Kalinin Zhitnik

Mckee Lydman

Numinen Tallinder or Campbell

Love to see it

Just because he's from this area, doesn't mean i want him hear...yah he can hit, but he's having a rough time of it out there with the new rules...i think there are other d-man out there that Darcy will be targeting...

Darcy would be a fool to target him, actually. I just like the way the kid plays.

It's hard to believe that the Sabres are doing this without Kalinin, who hasn't been himself the entire year...they say he misses Z...if Z was brought back, and Kalinin came around, how good with this defense be??

Kalinin Zhitnik

Mckee Lydman

Love to see it

Here. I'll hand you that drum. It's pretty worn out though. ;)

Kalinin Zhitnik

Mckee Lydman

Love to see it

Maybe Darcy should trade Kalinen to the Island so he and Z can make sweet man love together. He misses him? What exactly is going on in the locker room these days?

You've got to be joking...yah i read the article, Numinen, like this team, has been a pleasent surprise...but when push comes to shove down the stretch and into the playoffs, Zhitnik can still carry the load, unlike Teppo...

Everyone's in a great mood right now because of this stretch (including myself)...but the defense is still weak and needs help...

Some possible players i like to see:

Sean Hill

Steve Staios

Jim Vandermeer

Eric Brewer ( i wish)

Ossi Vanenen (sp?)

Archived