Standings

Monkeygirl

It seems like 4th is the highest the Sabres can go in the standings unless we beat out Ottawa....but I am just fine with 4th.....after we win, I just sit here and stare at the standings for a while analyzing and thinking....it is just so nice to see and it is like a relief to think that maybe, just maybe, this time they won't have to kill themselves just to make it to eight place.

Playoff fancies are definitely pushing their way into my brain and it almost feels like it's finally gonna be a decent year to be a crazed Sabres fan!

To all those die-hard Bills fans.....claim your seat on the bandwagon now because the rush is coming!!!

This season has already been so rewarding that it's sometimes easy to forget there are 50 games left........

4th in the conference is very nice but anything between 1 and 8 will do!

And Drury is awesome, and so it Kotalik, and Briere is the perfect captain for this team, and Campbell has been a huge surprise along with Connolly, and Lydman is our new Smehlik, and and and....this team is awesome....good night. I have a headache.

wow yea that about sums it all up... Drury has REALLY picked up it recently... the guy is doing everything now including scoreing clutch goals, assists, draws, and drawing penalties as well as being a leader... as for the others there in the same boat... but everyone is contributing and we don't even have dumont for the next month or two... this team truly is fireing on all 8 cylinders...

Damn exciting sabres hockey is what this is... its nice to goto nhl.com and see the sabres on the headline and for once in a goodlight.

it is just so nice to see and it is like a relief to think that maybe, just maybe, this time they won't have to kill themselves just to make it to eight place.

I don't want to sound like the other negative posters on this board but this team has a nasty April schedule. Look at it with an emphasis on division games, namely Ottawa, and the calendar being packed... Ouch. :o

Plus, I still need to see better defense. One more good solid defensemen who has good defensive awareness. Tallinder gave the puck up way too many times in our zone during even strength. I think he does good on the penalty kill but out right stinks on even strength.

On a positive note (just so I don't sound like DeLuca), when this team is playing behind or even strength, they can really turn it up. This team shows some real nice flashes of unbelievable potential! However, I guess if they played like that for 60 minutes, they'd be worn out. Please don't get me wrong, this team is a good team an almost very good team. I just think they need one more dman as stated above.

I'm enjoying things right now though. I'm pretty giddy. :rolleyes:

I don't want to sound like the other negative posters on this board but this team has a nasty April schedule. Look at it with an emphasis on division games, namely Ottawa, and the calendar being packed... Ouch. :o

i think they've all looked at the schedule and realise they have to win games now in order to make it or else there will be NO chance at the end... they know how tough those teams are and how they faired against them and they want to have loads of points stockpiled... i don't blame em.

I don't want to sound like the other negative posters on this board but this team has a nasty April schedule.  Look at it with an emphasis on division games, namely Ottawa, and the calendar being packed... Ouch.  :o

They do have a tough schedule down the back stretch. But, if they keep playing the way they are currently until they have thier next west coast foray, they will be able to play .500 down the backstretch and still make the playoffs.

The schedule may be tough in April, but if this team continues to amass this kind of confidence early on, those games may seem more winnable to these guys. Knowing that they can (and have on numerous occasions) come back from deficits in the 3rd period will be huge later in the year.

we have a tough schedule towards the end of the season, but so does everyone else b/c of the olympic break -- ie everyone is going to have to play a ton of games in a compressed period. I think this will actually benefit the sabres more than some other teams. Unlike, for example, the rangers, we have a lot of depth and don't rely on one line for production.

we also get a lot out of our 4th line. I don't see Lindy shortening the rotation unless Gaustadt & Mair forget how to skate and check like crazy -- which isn't going to happen. as long as the goaltending holds up we will be fine in the last couple of months.

The only bummer is that if we don't beat out ottawa for #1 in our division, we could conceivably end up #2 in the conference in points but with the #4 seed in the playoffs and have to play Philly in the 1st round, which would be a much tougher opponent than Toronto, Islanders, etc. But I'm not afraid of anyone at this point.

Watch out Ottawa. We are coming.

Go Sabres.

Archived