Drury nets winner in OT!!!!

Larry Playfair

The Malone goal was weak...you could tell Ruff was pissed that one went in...besides that one, Marty has continued to amaze me...a Hasek like save on Palffy...and if you saw the replay of the overhead camera, you never do see the puck cross the line...you see that most of his glove is over the line and that the puck is probably over, but you never see it...on TSN they said commen sense tells you it's in...is the word commen sense in the NHL roolbook?

Man, I thought it was a bummer that they allowed Palffy's lazy goal at the end of the game, but, man, poetic justice dictates yet another OT win. Drury scores an ugly goal after taking a shot to the back. That is the kind of goal the Sabres are making this year. Just out-scrapping the other team.

I know Miller is healthy enough for tomorrow's game, but Marty is the man, ride that hot hand.

am i the only one that thought the sabres looked lethargic most of the night? vanek looked terribly slow, and it was so bad that even the pgh. announcers commented on it. i must say that i wasn't surprised, as i thought there would be a bit of a hangover from the emotional dallas win. but nonetheless, they looked flat.

if this team skates hard tomorrow they'll win 5-1.

Drury, Kotalik, Briere, and Hecht.  Hey, goals from all the guys who are supposed to score.

Are things really so bad in Pittsburgh that they had to put an A on a 19 year old kid? What a joke that is.

I don't know, I thought Mario's decision to give the kid the A was in response to all the bashing Mario and the kid got for the kid's comments after Eddie was fired. I never heard the comments Sid made, but the Rogers SN guys were going on about it for a long time. "How dare he, he's just a kid." "This is all Mario's fault for letting the kid (be a jerk)." Etc., etc..

The media thinks the kid talks too much, well now the kid better talk as he is officially a leader on the team.

am i the only one that thought the sabres looked lethargic most of the night? vanek looked terribly slow, and it was so bad that even the pgh. announcers commented on it. i must say that i wasn't surprised, as i thought there would be a bit of a hangover from the emotional dallas win. but nonetheless, they looked flat.

if this team skates hard tomorrow they'll win 5-1.

if you call a 3-2 OT sabre win lathargic then yes your correct... however regardless of how slow or flat they were they won and there are now an additional 2 points beside our name :D be happy all... were rollin now!

I was at the game - sitting 10 rows behind the Sabres bench. Yes, they didn't look that great, but 2 points is 2 points - especially on the road.

Numminens rush in OT was the play that got them the 2 points - he just blew by the Pens d-man (Melichar - I think).

In OT Lemeuix was just crusing around the Sabes blue line looking for the break - never got it - Lydman was all over him.

BTW, I didn't think that building is that bad - all the hoopla thats going on here about a new arena - hell, they got ice, they got seats, WTF - if all abouts the rich people - the tax payes have had just about enough of this crap. If some other city wants to throw money at the team - I say "let 'em have 'em'.

What's this garbage? The team is winning and Drury is playing well, so it's time for payback against the fans who called it like it was when the opposite was true? Trash talk in December... nice.

Guest, I agree. How many times do we hear that such and such a team "needs a new building to be financially successful"? Did the new arena help the Sabres in that respect? What was wrong with the Aud anyway! B-)

I would just like to know where all the Drury bashers are now.

Why bash him when he's playing well?

Drury has stepped up his play. The -8 still sucks but he is making up for it in the offensive zone. Drury is a different player then from earlier in the season or from last year.

Where are the "bashers" you ask? We are applauding Drury for stepping up and meeting the high expectations he came to town with. I hope in his case as well as others like Marty, Connolly and Max keep it going.

What's this garbage? The team is winning and Drury is playing well, so it's time for payback against the fans who called it like it was when the opposite was true? Trash talk in December... nice.

Guest, I agree. How many times do we hear that such and such a team "needs a new building to be financially successful"? Did the new arena help the Sabres in that respect? What was wrong with the Aud anyway! B-)

I know it would cost a fortune. But I would pay to watch 1 game a year in the Aud. I'm sure it's stripped down. Man! I miss that place.

An extra 2,460 seats, an extra 60+ suites, and the scrolling message board definitely don't hurt. That's minimum an extra $100k per sellout, probably closer to $200k.

Sure, the Sabres' financial picture would be bleaker if they were still in the Aud. But getting a new building certainly hasn't in and of itself made the Sabres a profitable franchise. As for the new joint being a draw, I've never been enamored with the Marena. Cookie-cutter. Nothing special. Now imagine if the Aud had been renovated, a la Lambeau Field. With all of the other old barns gone, it would be quite the attraction for hockey fanatics. Come to think of it, why can't the new buildings have some of the charming quirks of the old places? Why couldn't HSBC Arena have had a standing room only balcony or the same seat color scheme as the Aud or a runway where fans could see the players going to the lockerroom? Shut up you sentimental fool. :)

Sure, the Sabres' financial picture would be bleaker if they were still in the Aud. But getting a new building certainly hasn't in and of itself made the Sabres a profitable franchise. As for the new joint being a draw, I've never been enamored with the Marena. Cookie-cutter. Nothing special. Now imagine if the Aud had been renovated, a la Lambeau Field. With all of the other old barns gone, it would be quite the attraction for hockey fanatics. Come to think of it, why can't the new buildings have some of the charming quirks of the old places? Why couldn't HSBC Arena have had a standing room only balcony or the same seat color scheme as the Aud or a runway where fans could see the players going to the lockerroom? Shut up you sentimental fool. :)

It's not the arena. It was bad management by guys who were looking to cover their tracks not make the Franchise profitable.

Archived