McKee

Allan in MD

When the Sabres did not extend McKee before the season, one of the reasons cited was that he might not fit into the new concept of an offense-oriented NHL. Will Jay be an unrestricted free agent after the season? If so, we could conceivably have a significant defensive hole to fill.

Is their any indication that the Sabres still are of the mind they were prior to the season? I would hope not and that someone is quietly attempting to negotiate something.

You would have to assume that they will start negotations as soon as they can...they can't negotiate until January 1st?...they would be foolish to let Jay get away...and like Timmah, a lot of people wanted this guy out of town at the beginning of the year...some for the stupid fact that he was the NHLPA rep for the sabres and said things like" no cap" etc...would any of those that wanted Jay off this team along with Timmah like to say a few words??

Jay is doing very well. I think the Sabres took a "Wait and see" approach to him for this season. He's not the fleetest of foot, so they wanted to see how he handled himself this year.

I hope they re-sign him. His shot blocking and toughness are needed on this team.

He's a good guy, too, and he likes Buffalo.

The year off served him well -- he finally seems to have overcome the concussion issues and regained his edge. As long as he stays healthy, I'd love to see him in blue and gold next year (assuming we switch back to the old colors, otherwise, I look forward to seeing him wearing the goathead for years to come)

Jay is doing very well.  I think the Sabres took a "Wait and see" approach to him for this season.  He's not the fleetest of foot, so they wanted to see how he handled himself this year.

I hope they re-sign him.  His shot blocking and toughness are needed on this team.

He's a good guy, too, and he likes Buffalo.

I'd like to see the Sabres get him and Danny signed to long term deals before this season ends. They appear to be headed toward UFA this off season. They both are on record as liking it in Buffalo, but if they hit the open market I'd expect both of them to get several offers.

Hopefully McKee takes a softer stance than he did this off season. He wanted a long term deal and said he would test the unrestricted market if he only got a 1 year deal.

Archived