Tale Of Two Teams

CallawaySabres

Do you want to talk about two teams going in different directions? How about the Bills and the Sabres? The Bills have reached an all time low in fans eyes and until a change is made by Mr. Wilson, it will only get worse. Watching these guys on Sunday is about as enjoyable as a dental appointment (no offense to local dentists.) Did you ever think in the beginning of the season that you would be routing for the Bills to drop their last four games of the year to get a better draft pick? My, how the tides have turned.

The Sabres, on the other hand, are playing like a team possessed. They just keep finding new ways to win each night. The best part about it is that these guys have great team chemistry. The Buffalo Sabres are full of grit and play hard EVERY SINGLE night. There was a playoff atmosphere at HSBC on Wednesday when they beat the Stars. Unfortunately, it was one of a handful of games that was not televised. Dallas had won 9 out of their last ten games as the Sabres lived up to their label as THE hottest team in the league!

There tend to be two position controversies that come up in the NFL and the NHL; quarterbacks and goalies. The Bills QB controversy circled around which guy could escape the game without getting killed. Neither one stepped up to take the team by the horns and point them in a winning direction. Management still has no idea if either of these guys will be the starter a year form now.

The sabres goalie controversy (if you want to call it that) has quite a different tone. Ryan Miller proved that he was going to be the number one guy and take this team on his shoulders. He was making game winning saves that allowed the rest of the team to play their style of hockey. Right when the future looked bright, he broke his thumb during the morning practice. Ironically, the same rule changes that allowed the Sabres to utilize their speed and talent to win games also benched their goalie due to the reduced size of equipment. It looked as though the jinx was on and buffalo sports teams just could not catch a break (honestly no pun intended). Marty Biron had to step into the fire and got shell shocked against Ottawa as the season looked to be heading south. After a rough start, Biron has managed to win 11 games in a row and set the franchise record for most consecutive wins by a Buffalo tender.

Now that Miller is healthy again, the question is what to do with two number one goalies? Some people are saying trade Biron while his stock is high while others think you have to ride the winning wave. I believe that you should hold on to both of these guys and don't mess with the chemistry of the locker room. It is a tough decision but not a bad one to have when you look at what is going on at One Bills Drive. The Sabres are an exciting team to watch and I for one will be happy to spend my hard earned money on a team that gives you its' all on a regular basis. These guys have given the fans in this city a reason to cheer and I for one would like to thank them. As the Bills and their organization try and figure out what went wrong, the Buffalo Sabres march onward and upward holding the honor as the hottest team in the NHL. Way to go Sabes!!!

Do you want to talk about two teams going in different directions? How about the Bills and the Sabres? The Bills have reached an all time low in fans eyes and until a change is made by Mr. Wilson, it will only get worse. Watching these guys on Sunday is about as enjoyable as a dental appointment (no offense to local dentists.) Did you ever think in the beginning of the season that you would be routing for the Bills to drop their last four games of the year to get a better draft pick? My, how the tides have turned.

The Sabres, on the other hand, are playing like a team possessed. They just keep finding new ways to win each night. The best part about it is that these guys have great team chemistry. The Buffalo Sabres are full of grit and play hard EVERY SINGLE night. There was a playoff atmosphere at HSBC on Wednesday when they beat the Stars. Unfortunately, it was one of a handful of games that was not televised. Dallas had won 9 out of their last ten games as the Sabres lived up to their label as THE hottest team in the league!

There tend to be two position controversies that come up in the NFL and the NHL; quarterbacks and goalies. The Bills QB controversy circled around which guy could escape the game without getting killed. Neither one stepped up to take the team by the horns and point them in a winning direction. Management still has no idea if either of these guys will be the starter a year form now.

The sabres goalie controversy (if you want to call it that) has quite a different tone. Ryan Miller proved that he was going to be the number one guy and take this team on his shoulders. He was making game winning saves that allowed the rest of the team to play their style of hockey. Right when the future looked bright, he broke his thumb during the morning practice. Ironically, the same rule changes that allowed the Sabres to utilize their speed and talent to win games also benched their goalie due to the reduced size of equipment. It looked as though the jinx was on and buffalo sports teams just could not catch a break (honestly no pun intended). Marty Biron had to step into the fire and got shell shocked against Ottawa as the season looked to be heading south. After a rough start, Biron has managed to win 11 games in a row and set the franchise record for most consecutive wins by a Buffalo tender.

Now that Miller is healthy again, the question is what to do with two number one goalies? Some people are saying trade Biron while his stock is high while others think you have to ride the winning wave. I believe that you should hold on to both of these guys and don't mess with the chemistry of the locker room. It is a tough decision but not a bad one to have when you look at what is going on at One Bills Drive. The Sabres are an exciting team to watch and I for one will be happy to spend my hard earned money on a team that gives you its' all on a regular basis. These guys have given the fans in this city a reason to cheer and I for one would like to thank them. As the Bills and their organization try and figure out what went wrong, the Buffalo Sabres march onward and upward holding the honor as the hottest team in the NHL. Way to go Sabes!!!

How can you suggest that the Bills are not exciting? Everyone around the league gets very excited when they are about to play the Bills.

Archived