Saturday game

jayg

I'm sorry for you but as a Sabres fan I think that is GREAT news. This sellout is cused by the Sabres play more than the opponent.

I was gonna drive up from VA had there been a ticket available. Was gonna catch the game in Pitt fri night on the way up. Oh well, need to shop for Xmas anyway.

But no Mario again, right? A lot of folks are going to be disappointed. He has missed a ton of games in Buffalo. Great to see the tickets getting sold though.

At this point more people will show up to see Crosby than creaky old Mario. I hate (not really) to disrepect ol' 66 but dude can barely get up and down the ice. Him and Leclaire better be putting toward their retirement, it's coming soon.

Does anyone really know whether Lemieux is going to play tomorrow night? I know he's suiting up tonight so that makes it doubtful.

I've got my two tickets. I can't wait!

To be honest, Lemieux isn't much to see anymore. He barely moves in the offensive zone and just isn't the same.

Crosby is well worth the price of admission though.

To be honest, Lemieux isn't much to see anymore. He barely moves in the offensive zone and just isn't the same.

Crosby is well worth the price of admission though.

Oh I know that. I've seen him before, anyway. It's just that I'm taking my dad who rarely goes to games and he's never seen Lemieux.

yes he is playing tonight. i would see no reason why he wouldnt play tmw as long as he isnt injured tonight.

I know he sat out 1/2 of back to back games in '03-'04. Coming off his last little stint on the IR list, I'd be surprised to see him play tomorrow. Oh well. I've seen him play lots of times, I want to see Buffalo keep the kid in check. I don't know why, but Sid annoys the heck out of me.

But who will DeLuca have his conversations with if he can't ask the blue seats what's going on?

I will be more then happy to talk to the people in the seats.

It's simple.

Full House = Higher Revenue = Possible higher team budget.

It's why I have been banging that drum all season.

I'll complain about things until things change. Like Connolly, Drury, The Empty Seats and the defense. Once they straighten out I'll give them their due. If they slip back I'll be there with the hammer ;)

It's what being a Fan is all about. :rolleyes:

What about:

Higher team budget = Possible full house = Higher revenue.

:o

Wouldn't that be:

Higher team budget = Possible full house = Possible higher revenue?

Especially considering they are still in Bills season and all the turmoil that preceeded this season, I think they are doing just fine attendance-wise and on-ice-wise (although I do want to see the D upgraded).

Yes, I stand corrected. The point remains the same though. Although a lot of die-hard fans have accepted the Sabres' lot in life, many in the general sports public can't understand the incongruity (word of the day calendar, thanks) between a billionaire owner and a penny-pinching operation. And I think that explains why attendance isn't better. Some in the media have also caught on: sports director John Murphy at Channel 7 has made several sarcastic remarks about Golisano's wealth and where he could be putting it.

Yes, I stand corrected. The point remains the same though. Although a lot of die-hard fans have accepted the Sabres' lot in life, many in the general sports public can't understand the incongruity (word of the day calendar, thanks) between a billionaire owner and a penny-pinching operation. And I think that explains why attendance isn't better. Some in the media have also caught on: sports director John Murphy at Channel 7 has made several sarcastic remarks about Golisano's wealth and where he could be putting it.

I'd be willing to bet a beer (a good Canadian beer, not that Rolling Rock or Yeugling stuff either :P ) that attendance to this point in the season is the highest it has been since Dom left. If we count fannies in the seats and not tickets distributed, it probably is at least 2,000 higher than in the past 3 seasons.

I've posted several times why I thought attendance was lowish in October. I do not think the addition of $12MM in salary would have significantly increased the attendance in October and definitely would not have increased net revenue over where it is to date.

Archived