NHL 2K6 or NHL 2006

hopeleslyobvious

Which game is better NHL 2K6 or NHL 2006?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is better NHL 2K6 or NHL 2006?

• NHL 2K6
    • NHL 2006

I have a wife and kid so along with video games I had to give up most things involving testicles. (sounds like a good thing, doesn't it)

Not so, you buy the video game system and games for the kids, you just have to try them out before they get to play them. You want to make sure they work before the kids get to play with them. You don't want your kids to not enjoy the games :D

I vote NHL 2006 because EA is the pioneer and ive always been with them... plus there graphics and players models are much more detailed and proportioned properly (eg there not lanky) like in some previous 989 and sega sports titles... everything just looks right in NHL 2006...

I used to be a bigger EA fan, but it seems the last couple of years the NHL series has been an afterthought. Here's all the stuff I like about NHL 2K6:

I definately like the practice mode. While EA has a practice mode too, you just set a general practice type for the team. With 2K6, you can have individual players work on different things, and set how hard you want them to work on it. The practice has an effect on everyone's fatigue. It's also nice getting to have a scrimage.

I'm a big fan of the on the fly coaching. In past EA games it was always a pain to get the puck back to the point, because the defenseman kind of hung out outside the blueline. Now you can get them to pinch in. It's also nice being able to have the team crash the net or screen the goalie depending on the situtation.

The pro controls are nice. Everyone gets a button assigned to them so you can cycle the puck around and eventually take a shot.

I really like the goalie control. Let's face it, goaltending is always weak in video games, and it's nice to be able to have some control over it. I thought they did a pretty good job with that feature.

I'm sure there's some other stuff, but that's all I can think of now.

Archived