Fitzpatrick?

deluca67

That's way too much to give up for an aging slow defensemen who has been passed by by the game.

That package might be enough to get Jovocop though...

I do think we should use our forward depth to get a rock D-man. Fitzpatrick blows.

Whitt is only 30? I don't think that's aging?

If the Sabres don't give up a forward? What else can they give up?

It might be time to give someone else a shot?

Or maybe the Sabres should look Brendan Witt's way. He would be perfect. Maybe offer up Roy, Campbell and a pick?

We all know Jillson isn't the answer and I've stated before that I believe Janik is a stop-gap solution at best(unless his play has improved since his last stint in Buffalo). Therefore, either Fitzpatrick needs to raise the level of his play to where it was at in 03-04, the Sabres make a trade for a defensemen or they better pray they don't get any injuries on the blueline to a corp that is already average at best in their own end and where there is no help on the farm to replace them.

It's great that Campbell and some of the other defensemmen are being agressive in the offensive end of the rink and racking up some points, but where they are needed first and foremost is to be responsible in their own end.

Archived