C'mon Fans...

Tarrytown

go to the arena to watch these kids play!!! To heck with the Bickering Bills...they are done...old news..losers...come see a real team play. These young Sabres have heart, are entertaining and most of all WIN BABY WIN!

There were only 12k in the stands tonight...that compares with 15k in Columbus to see the Isles (and our old friends Miro and Alex).

go to the arena to watch these kids play!!!  To heck with the Bickering Bills...they are done...old news..losers...come see a real team play.  These young Sabres have heart, are entertaining and most of all WIN BABY WIN!

There were only 12k in the stands tonight...that compares with 15k in Columbus to see the Isles (and our old friends Miro and Alex).

I'm not that worried about attendance right now. The Sabres are ~15% ahead of where they were last season and they've had to deal with a lack of interest due to the lockout and the fact that they were one of the very few teams in the league to pretty much have their roster set coming into the season (meaning they didn't generate excitement by signing free agents unlike teams like Boston that only had 4 players on roster when the lockout ended).

For the San Jose game, the team came within about 600 seats of having a sellout. Had the team not screwed the pooch that game, I'm sure they would have had a few more fans at tonight's game.

What sort of discounts were the Blue Jackets offering tonight? The Sabres during the criminals' years used to give season ticket holders and new Adelphia subscribers additional / free seats to the game. The Sabres this year have given away ~1/2 as many freebies as last season and attendance is slightly higher than last season at this point, and I would be extremely surprised if last season's give aways weren't ~25% of the Rigas years giveaways.

The Sabres goal this year is to average 14,800 fans per game. Drawing 12,000 to Anaheim on a weeknight in the 1st 1/2 of the season will not cause the team to miss their goal. It actually might be one of the reasons they meet the goal.

go to the arena to watch these kids play!!! To heck with the Bickering Bills...they are done...old news..losers...come see a real team play. These young Sabres have heart, are entertaining and most of all WIN BABY WIN!

Don't blame me, I have a mini-pack and I live in NJ.

Sorry, I'm a big Sabres fan, but I live in Saskatchewan. I got season tickets to the Riders, but I can't afford tickets to the Sabres, what with the airfare, hotels and so on.

You Buffalo folks will have to carry the weight. I've been to Buffalo, honestly, what else do you have to do? Go see the Sabres.

Sorry, I'm a big Sabres fan, but I live in Saskatchewan. I got season tickets to the Riders, but I can't afford tickets to the Sabres, what with the airfare, hotels and so on.

You Buffalo folks will have to carry the weight. I've been to Buffalo, honestly, what else do you have to do? Go see the Sabres.

...and what else does one do in Sasketchewan? Except for visiting the hometown of Chiefs defensemen Billy Charlesboy who hails from Moosejaw?

I'm a broken record at times, but I continue to be pissed off at some of the so called "fans" who are at the game. There was a crowd shot of about 20 people or so immediately after Kotalik scored and all of them were sitting in their seats and the majority weren't even applauding.

My wife thinks I'm nuts. Everytime they score I throw my arms in the air and scream. If it's a really big goal I might even run around a little. :D

Hahaha...When the Sabres scored in OT to beat the Canadians, I wound up and gave my unsuspecting wife a pretty firm slap on the ass.

Scared the hell out of her... B-)

Hahaha...When the Sabres scored in OT to beat the Canadians, I wound up and gave my unsuspecting wife a pretty firm slap on the ass.

Scared the hell out of her... B-)

HAHA... if i did that to my girlfriend id be the unsuspecting one getting a slap in the face lol.... ;)

HAHA... if i did that to my girlfriend id be the unsuspecting one getting a slap in the face lol.... ;)

Yeah...She was none too pleased with me for that stunt, but.....Well, there was no one else around to celebrate with!

What's a fan to do?

Whenever I am in town I try to go to a game - took my mom with me to see the Bruins game as the start of the season...might make it to the Isles game in Dec. too.

But I have to agree with an earlier post - the fans at the game sit on their hands...MAKE SOME FREAKING NOISE PEOPLE PLEASE!!!

Whenever I am in town I try to go to a game - took my mom with me to see the Bruins game as the start of the season...might make it to the Isles game in Dec. too.

But I have to agree with an earlier post - the fans at the game sit on their hands...MAKE SOME FREAKING NOISE PEOPLE PLEASE!!!

I only live a couple miles from the arena, and unfortunately, last night was the first game I was able to get to this season in person, and I was greatly disappointed with our fans...they claim 12,000 people were there, but I'd be shocked if we had more than 10,000..there were entire sections in the lower and upper bowls that were empty swaths of blue..and except for the penalty shot and overtime, the place was a morgue..I felt like it was 2002 and we were in the bottom of the division. Hardly the fan support you'd expect for the hottest team in hockey on a value ticket night, when the Bills' season is all but over...

I'm planning to go back for the Stars game and Isles game later this month, and I can only hope for a more positive experience..between parking, tickets, beer and food, I spent well over $100...it's worth the $$ for the excitement and electricity of a loud, packed house... nothing can compare..but last night was a bit depressing, and certainly not worth that kind of $$...

..between parking, tickets, beer and food, I spent well over $100...it's worth the $$ for the excitement and electricity of a loud, packed house... nothing can compare..but last night was a bit depressing, and certainly not worth that kind of $$...

Yeah, but the way you drink you can easily cut down on the beer budget :lol:

Archived