Fox Sports Article

IceFISH

That "Tyler" Pyatt injury is really killing us.

i think errors like this are due to the fact that pretty much no one out in the sports world covered the buffalo sabres before this year... now were making a splash so people have to notice us and report on us and there getting names wrong because they've never even looked at our roster.

Here's my question (that the article got me thinking on):

While all "star players" don't produce good teams, all good teams seem to produce "star players". Should the Sabres continue to play well and make a deep run into the playoffs, which Sabre(s) will the media start to elevate into elite status?

I just hope it's not Miller. Not that I don't want the kid to be the next Hasek...I do. But during the Hasek years, Buffalo was almost a gimmick team. A great goalie, a "system", and some hard working no names to run it. I don't think that was fair in '99, and I think it would be unfair in '05.

This team finds ways to win games. Sometimes it's goaltending, sometimes it's the PP, sometimes it's the 4th-liners, sometimes it's a crazy goal from one of our dancers (T-Conn against Toronto comes to mind), etc. I doubt that will satisfy the media should they have to start focusing on the Sabres. They need a TEDY BRUSCHI to latch onto.

Boy, I hope we get to find out the answer to this in the Spring. :)

i think errors like this are due to the fact that pretty much no one out in the sports world covered the buffalo sabres before this year... now were making a splash so people have to notice us and report on us and there getting names wrong because they've never even looked at our roster.

What can I say, all people who can't spell a player or team name lose all credibility with me.

Archived