Not Pretty

Allan in MD

When will teams like the Sabres and Bills learn that going into a shell to protect a big, early lead can be deadly. It killed the Bills Sunday and almost did in the Sabres.

Twenty shots on goal by early in the second period, and only about eight the rest of the way leads to what almost transpired. Plus a total imbalance in penalties is not helpful in protecting a big lead. The Sabres were lucky they didn't lose. Perhaps its merely another exemplication of "Lindy Hockey." Will coach ever learn that if it isn't broke (four goals in the early going works for me), don't attempt to fix it?

When will teams like the Sabres and Bills learn that going into a shell to protect a big, early lead can be deadly. It killed the Bills Sunday and almost did in the Sabres.

Twenty shots on goal by early in the second period, and only about eight the rest of the way leads to what almost transpired. Plus a total imbalance in penalties is not helpful in protecting a big lead. The Sabres were lucky they didn't lose. Perhaps its merely another exemplication of "Lindy Hockey." Will coach ever learn that if it isn't broke (four goals in the early going works for me), don't attempt to fix it?

Damn I hate how the sabres are 9-1-1 in the last 11 and have earned 19/22 of the last points.

FIRE LINDY NOW AND DARCY TOO!

Damn I hate how the sabres are 9-1-1 in the last 11 and have earned 19/22 of the last points.

FIRE LINDY NOW AND DARCY TOO!

A win's a win; that's great. But play this way against a team like Ottawa and see what happens.

With the talent the Sabres have, a killer instinct can take you far in the playoffs.

A win's a win; that's great. But play this way against a team like Ottawa and see what happens.

With the talent the Sabres have, a killer instinct can take you far in the playoffs.

While I agree the game got ugly, I think the end result said a lot about the team. Things pretty much fell apart, and the team pulled together and got the 2 points. It's especially impressive in Denver, where I think the Avs have a big advantage, especially late in the game when both teams are tired because they are used to playing in that thin air.

I think the Av's are about as close to being Ottawa as any other team in the NHL. I'm just glad they got the two points.

I think the Av's are about as close to being Ottawa as any other team in the NHL. I'm just glad they got the two points.

No team is close to the Sens. They are the Indy Colts of the NHL.

The two points were nice.

Overall the game had everything you would want. Fights, goals and drama at the end. I hope some of the WNY sports fans who didn't slice their wrists at 4:15 yesterday calmed down and watched probably the most entertaining game of the year.

No team is close to the Sens. They are the Indy Colts of the NHL.

The two points were nice.

Overall the game had everything you would want. Fights, goals and drama at the end. I hope some of the WNY sports fans who didn't slice their wrists at 4:15 yesterday calmed down and watched probably the most entertaining game of the year.

If the Sens are the Colts then The Avs are the Seahawks? I don't know, their isn't a good comparison in the NFL but they are damn good.

Archived