Miller time!

Toddkaz

WGR said he was in full gear and taking shots...

I wouldn't give Biron a going away party just yet... taking some shots in practice and being able to ship Biron out are two different things.

marty came up big for us and i'm glad we have him... Ruff says Norenon is playing tonight, we'll see if he is healed or what. Groin injuries can linger... like I said, be glad that we have Biron and that Darcy didn't pull the trigger for a bag of pucks just yet.

Don't you hate when that happens? I do.

Hopefully Miller will be able to quickly return to full strength. He may be playing again, but I bet he's a bit rusty.

That's what I'm worried about...That it will take him a couple games to get back to his usual level, and people will get impatient, especially the Biron lovers. Let's be patient with him when he gets back.

Well, i guess i'm saying that Darcy not trading Biron when he had the chance this year was a good move...i agree that Regier procrastonation has been brutual and that no credit should be given unless you mention in the same breath last year's disaster

Guest Guest_toddkaz

this is my point

people say Reiger dropped the ball for waiting or he was lucky we still have Biron

Unless you are Ruff or Reiger

Please explain to me how you are so SMART to know he dropped the ball waited to long or did what he wanted and wanted to wait?

Please i am knocked for saying i know and understand NHL hockey

but please explain to me how all of you poeple know what goes on inside an NHL GM's OFFICE or more specificly THE BUFFALO SABRES office? I don't say anything other then what is obvious. How do you get your credibility by telling us what reiger did or didn't do??

That's what I'm worried about...That it will take him a couple games to get back to his usual level, and people will get impatient, especially the Biron lovers. Let's be patient with him when he gets back.

agreed with that... i mean i don't know why we'd ship biron out of here as fast as you guys want him out... were still going to need him for a little bit to see if miller is still alright and the thumb isn't bothering him.

this is my point

people say Reiger dropped the ball for waiting or he was lucky we still have Biron

Unless you are Ruff or Reiger

Please explain to me how you are so SMART to know he dropped the ball waited to long or did what he wanted and wanted to wait?

Please i am knocked for saying i know and understand NHL hockey

but please explain to me how all of you poeple know what goes on inside an NHL GM's OFFICE or more specificly THE BUFFALO SABRES office? I don't say anything other then what is obvious. How do you get your credibility by telling us what reiger did or didn't do??

There is no way for anyone to know for sure what is going on in Darcy's office, unless they work there, which as far as I know, none of us do...BUT I think people are looking at what Darcy has done in the past and making educated guesses as to exactly what is happening. It would get pretty boring around here if people didn't speculate a little.

I think people are especially frustrated because, if I remember correctly we were told at first that the three goalie situation would be taken care of before the start of the season, and what did Darcy do? He traded for a 4th goaltender. Which would make sense if he was getting ready to move 1 or 2 of the other goalies, but he didn't do that. Darcy has a history of waiting too long to make a deal. I think everyone got frustrated because there are a few teams out there that were desperate for goaltending (eg: Atlanta, Edmonton) and yet nothing happened. Personally I also found it frustrating because the team's budget falls well below the salary cap, and the extra money we are spending on goaltenders could be spent on a defenseman.

With that being said, I think the team lucked out that Darcy hadn't made a move yet. While the team has benefitted from it, he shouldn't be rewarded for it unless he has a crystal ball in his office that told him Miller was going to get hurt at practice on November 2.

think people are especially frustrated because, if I remember correctly we were told at first that the three goalie situation would be taken care of before the start of the season, and what did Darcy do?

Here is another point

Just becuase REIGER says something doesn't mean it is written in stone.

Do you think maybe he is playing the media and maybe other GM's?

Maybe he is using the media to let 30 other GMs "let's Trade"

instead of calling them all individually. I am sure it is a tactic used regularly.

Think about it. ;)

Here is another point

instead of calling them all individually. I am sure it is a tactic used regularly.

Think about it. ;)

and his coach? ruff is the 1st one that i saw said that the goalie monster would be sorted out. he cant be too happy. im sure regier had all intentions of moving one, but desperation must not set in, or we would get nothing. and in 3 months time we would bitch about how he should have waited. at least when a trade does come we should get something in our favour for a goalie.

Here is another point

Think about it. ;)

bobby clark tried that a while ago with lindross... boy did he stir up a hornets nest in toronto... to this day leaf fans HATE bobby clark and anything flyers because of the game they played with the potentail players from toronto that were supposed to go back the other way...

Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this...When does everyone else think he should come back? After reading the articles it looks like he needs a little time to build up strength in his thumb. I'd also give him a few games down in Rochester reconditioning.

With Biron playing like he is, why not let Miller work off the rust for a few games, and build his confidence back up. Of course, maybe I just don't want to listen to the Biron lovers if he is a little rusty when he comes back (j/k...well sort of).

Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this...When does everyone else think he should come back? After reading the articles it looks like he needs a little time to build up strength in his thumb. I'd also give him a few games down in Rochester reconditioning.

With Biron playing like he is, why not let Miller work off the rust for a few games, and build his confidence back up. Of course, maybe I just don't want to listen to the Biron lovers if he is a little rusty when he comes back (j/k...well sort of).

that would be the smart cautious way to do it... and i agree with you and would probably run it that way if i could... however everyone is so excited that miller is almost back and everyone wants him NOW... not in a few games... NOW... so i think he'll be thrown right in to the fire.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this...When does everyone else think he should come back?  After reading the articles it looks like he needs a little time to build up strength in his thumb.  I'd also give him a few games down in Rochester reconditioning.   

With Biron playing like he is, why not let Miller work off the rust for a few games, and build his confidence back up.  Of course, maybe I just don't want to listen to the Biron lovers if he is a little rusty when he comes back (j/k...well sort of).

Rochester might be a good idea but it doesn't sound like Miller think so.

linky

"It's up to the coaching staff," he said. "I feel I've stayed in really good shape. I feel if they need me in net (tonight against Anaheim or at Minnesota on Sunday), I can play."

The team operates on a 29 million dollar budget so they can break even/make minimal $. So in order to get a player making $ they need to give up a player making $. :)

exactly... just cuze there is a cap doesn't mean every team can meet it and compete on the income statement/balance sheet at the end of the year.

Archived