development of the Buffalo Sabres

Toddkaz

I am wondering about what the fan base feels about the development of the Buffalo Sabres?

Luck or Skill?

Is it lucky that we built our team on speed and youth and it is starting to pay off?

That Darcy believes in not rocking the boat in team chemistry keeping it the same?

The Rules Benefit the Buffalo Sabres?

Is it luck?

Looking at all of these players minor league careers they are fantastic players who have underpreformed is it possible for once in the history of buffalo sabres we finally have talent that is developing into real NHL players instead of Ken Suttons, Curtis Browns, Derek Plantes, Brian Holzingers wayne Preameaus and Erik Rasmussens???

Do we have a team of the future? and starting to play now?

well i think it is skill... darcy has done a few things good... you've seen the teams that make mass trades after trades (rangers) and can't build any team chemistry cuze there always different... building chemistry takes a LONG time... while trading is a quick fix... i think our players are starting to break out now... a little bit later then expected but its happening... additions like gaustad and briere and miller have helped greatly.

Guest Dwight Drane

I'm not sure. A funny thing was said by a friend of mine as we were at the Boston game early in the year when we went on our first hot streak and the refs called 20 penalties a game.

"Well, it looks like building a team of p*ssies finally paid off!"

And he was right. Really, if this was the old NHL....McKee,Kalinin,Drury,Greer,Mair,Gustaud, and Fitzpatrick are the only guys who would even think of dropping the gloves, and out of those Mair and Gustaud are the only guys who like to do it.

If Darcy really believed that this is what the NHL would come to, then he was clever.

Archived