Brian Campbell

Two or less

Guest Guest_toddkaz

IT is not about seeing what other people don't smart guy it is about experience the more experience you have the better you are at knowing right and wrong left or right accedent or on purpose. As you show your ignorance not understanding what it is really about but i guess you know right :huh:

99% don't know whats going on

.5% don't want to know

.4% don't care to know

.1% really know, understand, knows that what it is really about

what percent are you?

IT is not about seeing what other people don't smart guy it is about experience the more experience you have the better you are at knowing right and wrong left or right accedent or on purpose. As you show your ignorance not understanding what it is really about but i guess you know right :huh:

.5% don't want to know

.4% don't care to know

what percent are you?

Other than the fact that I have no idea what you're trying to say here, 80% of statistics are made up on the spot... (including this one).

Guest Dwight Drane
I'm the percent that can spell.

:lol:

Kevin Maguire used to be my favorite player because he had nads of steel. He once scored 4 goals in 3 games for us. I didn't think he was going to be traded for Cam Neely.

Campbell is a good skating defenseman who isn't physical in his own end and who has shown a scoring touch for a week in his career. He wouldn't fetch a 3rd rd draft pick I presume.

I promised myself I wasn't going to do this.... but

Todd, wherever you have been coaching, if it is in the US, you should have had to have gone through a certification class for AHAUS/USA Hockey. My last one was in '95, but with every class I attended, from '90 through '95, you received a manual. There must be 60 pages devoted to coaching/drills for each "skill". Skating, passing shooting etc...

To say you don't "coach" skills is a bit off. And playing since you were "wee" might mean something if you were born pre expansion (St. Louis, Philly etc. , not San Jose and Ottawa).

.5% don't want to know

.4% don't care to know

what percent are you?

After typing, you really need to consider reading your posts before you hit reply. Either that or I need somebody to interpret what the heck it is you are trying to say. :blink:

Guest Guest_toddkaz

First off i never supported CAMBELL. If you think someone knows more that is your opinion.

But i draw conclusions objectively, i dont say that player is crap or this player sucks.

If you want to fully understand something it has to be looked at all sides sas for i do. People like DELUCA and others share their opinion from one side. Anyways I would be willing to challenge anyone in hockey knowledge as i have never worried about that that is for sure.

First off i never supported CAMBELL. If you think someone knows more that is your opinion.

But i draw conclusions objectively, i dont say that player is crap or this player sucks.

If you want to fully understand something it has to be looked at all sides sas for i do. People like DELUCA and others share their opinion from one side. Anyways I would be willing to challenge anyone in hockey knowledge as i have never worried about that that is for sure.

Todd?

What the hell is wrong with you?

You say you are a Sabres fan? Yet 95% of your posts are about me? The Sabres are on a huge run and all you can think about are my posts? Posts you either don't read or understand?

Why don't you and pwner and few others go off into a circle and do what you type of guys do in that type of cirle

;)

Your child like rantings are just sad. When a player is playing like crap I can't say it? Too bad. I'll hammer Connolly when he plays soft and I'll give him credit when he plays well.

If this team makes the playoffs? I'll be in line way before you to shake Regiers hand. Say "nice job." And mean it.

You read my posts? You know nothing about me nor what my posts say or mean. So go ahead and try to talk hockey. Come up with something interesting without my name involved.

Give me a break. I understand your criticisms, but this was just out there. It's this kind of thinking that caused Buffalo to miss the playoffs the last few seasons: the first quarter doesn't matter. They have accomplished things. Most importantly, they've accomplished 16 of those precious W's. Granted, it doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot, but it sure makes it a lot easier than the last few seasons. Give credit where credit is due.

Regier himself said the same thing on WGR today. This team hasn't accomplished anything yet. Argue with him

:o

Guest todd_kaz

Yo have a point DELUCA most are my posts are aruguing with you. I guess the reason for that is you seem to be the only one with a strong opinion worth arguing about. All the other posters just seem to repeat what other people say.

So i really don't find the other people really to informative or intelligent. As for replying to sabres well i am all the way out in IRELAND i am a little early for st. patricks day but i thought i would sit out here and wait. So my only way of hearing anything is really through this website and through this billboard.

I am glad i have made an impression on you people though, I am a firm believer that players such as Cambell(MVP of Juniors), Brad May, Daigle, ect... Are great HOCKEY players as for NHL players that is 2 different things. Well it doesn't take much to mess up a career. That goes for any sport. Cambell isn't tough well that can be tought Ted Nolan proved that. Lindy Ruff is really no teacher. What Ted Nolan did was one of the greatest things I have seen a coach do, bringing together a team like brotherhood. Ruff road his coat tails to the playoffs the following years.

I guess what i am trying to say is.....I say that a player is good or great or isn't good who knows how Brad Marsh managed to stay in the NHL for so long? But it is always a guess to whether or not he is a NHL player but here on this BILLboard players are persacuted before they step on the ice?????????

Todd?

What the hell is wrong with you?

You say you are a Sabres fan? Yet 95% of your posts are about me? The Sabres are on a huge run and all you can think about are my posts? Posts you either don't read or understand?

Why don't you and pwner and few others go off into a circle and do what you type of guys do in that type of cirle

;)

Your child like rantings are just sad. When a player is playing like crap I can't say it? Too bad. I'll hammer Connolly when he plays soft and I'll give him credit when he plays well.

If this team makes the playoffs? I'll be in line way before you to shake Regiers hand. Say "nice job." And mean it.

You read my posts? You know nothing about me nor what my posts say or mean. So go ahead and try to talk hockey. Come up with something interesting without my name involved.

i feel the need to apologise, my instinct opinion was that you focus was to heavily on the bad stuff and refuse to see a good side. though i think you are too negative i now respect your ability to see both good and bad. maybe you are a sabres fan, not a sabres bitcher. sorry dude.

Toddkaz, learn to spell, speak and argue effectively and in an adult forum, not at playschool

I am glad i have made an impression on you people though, I am a firm believer that players such as Cambell(MVP of Juniors), Brad May, Daigle, ect... Are great HOCKEY players as for NHL players that is 2 different things.  Well it doesn't take much to mess up a career.  That goes for any sport.  Cambell isn't tough well that can be tought Ted Nolan proved that.  Lindy Ruff is really no teacher.  What Ted Nolan did was one of the greatest things I have seen a coach do, bringing together a team like brotherhood.  Ruff road his coat tails to the playoffs the following years.

Ted Nolan did one thing that I didn't expect ANY coach be able to do. That is, make the Sabres play like a team and not like a bunch of individuals. The one-for-one and all-for-none attitude had been built up over about 15 seasons and I did not expect 1 man to be able to undo that in a single year. Ted deserved CotY for that miracle.

Ted was / is an incredible motivator. He was not anywhere close to a good x's and o's guy. The team the Sabres had in '95-'96 and '96-'97 didn't need the x's and o's, they needed motivation. Ted provided that in spades.

Lindy is a much better tactical coach (IMHO) than Ted ever will be. Had Ted not been here prior to Lindy, I don't think Lindy would have had nearly the same amount of success as he and the team had, because Ted handed Lindy a team that would play for each other for the most part. That said, I don't think the Sabres would have come anywhere close to the Finals under Ted because he could not outcoach other coaches and his motivational edge goes down when the other team is also playing for Lord Stanley's Chalice. I don't like the way Ruff handles the goalies and am not thrilled with his doghouse / special treatment for some players, that said, I think Lindy is a very good coach (not great, but very good).

I don't understand why he has such difficulty with the goalies, but my guess is it has to do with him having Hasek his 1st 4 years with the team. To be honest though, Ted wasn't known for having the best goaltender management either. The doghouse / special treatment and multiple line juggling is a result of his modeling his coaching after Scotty Bowman (not a bad choice for a role model in my book) and the way he was stripped of his captaincy before being traded to the Rangers. He is on record as saying that was a very humiliating experience and he does not want to be responsible for putting a team leader into that situation again.

Under Nolan, the team won 1 playoff series and they were lucky to do that. An injured Hasek and a young Ottawa team that was playing at the Sabres intensity level nearly cost them. If DEREK PLANTE doesn't step up in Game 7, the Sabres do not win that series. The Sabres were never in the next series against Philly.

Under Lindy, the Sabres were only clearly outplayed in the playoffs (and lost in that particular series) in one playoff series (Philly in 2000). Even in that series, if the league doesn't give the Flyers game 2 on a platter, maybe the exhausted and undertalented Sabres give the Flyers a run for their money. In the other years, Lindy got the team motivated enough to play at a level that you had people like Roby insisting that it wasn't just Hasek winning games for them (outside of the Ottawa series) even though the Sabres consistently faced teams that had better skaters than Buffalo did (and even though without Hasek the team would have been hosed). In the playoffs the powerplay would consistently work at a higher level than in the regular season and guys like Rasmussen actually looked like hockey players. That has something to do with coaching.

I think Lindy has done a decent job of adapting his game planning to the talent he has on his roster. Remember, as defensive oriented a team everyone thinks this team is, they were not a defense only focused team in '03-'04 because the talent would not allow for that. Ted Nolan wasn't in Buffalo long enough to find out if he would have been able to, but considering he was not an x's and o's kind of guy, I doubt he'd have been able to (strictly my opinion).

Under Lindy, the Sabres were only clearly outplayed in the playoffs (and lost in that particular series) in one playoff series (Philly in 2000).

Just to nitpick a little :

I seem to remember, but it's been a while, that even though The Sabres swept Ottawa in round 1 of the 99 playoffs, that Hasek pretty much carried the team on his back through the first 3 games of that series.

Ottawa were, at least IMO, the far better team, and if not for some unbelievable goaltending, would've probably won at least 2 of the first 3.

Come game 4, they were either worn down mentally by Hasek's play, worn down physcially by a very tenacius and scrappy Buffalo team, or The Sabres were finding the stride that took them to the finals. Which one I don't know, perhaps all of the above.

But other than that series, I believe you're right about Philly in 2000 being the only series they were never really in, and yet they hung pretty tough in games 1 and 2, as I recall.

Archived