Brian Campbell

Two or less

Where are the haters now?

And the Lydman haters? Toni Lydman played 1:40 on that 5v3 and made like 2 key block shots. Small things like this wins games, thank god for Lydman!

Campbell had a VERY GOOD game. Call me a Campbell "hater", but I call it like I see it. He has been excellent on the PP, but still has a lot to prove, before I believe that he is not a liability in his own end.

Campbell had a VERY GOOD game. Call me a Campbell "hater", but I call it like I see it. He has been excellent on the PP, but still has a lot to prove, before I believe that he is not a liability in his own end.

I understand, and i don't blame you. He's played really well for about a month now, maybe a little over, and people still bash him like he's done nothing. Of course he needs to prove more people, but give the kid some credit. Also another pretty big hit tonight by Soupy !!

Campbell had a VERY GOOD game.  Call me a Campbell "hater", but I call it like I see it.  He has been excellent on the PP, but still has a lot to prove,  before I believe that he is not a liability in his own end.

I've never had a problem with Campbell...

The defensemen that bug me are Kalinin, Fitzpatrick, and Tallinder.

I know that I'm in the minority on Tallinder but it really seems like everytime he plays the puck from behind the net it doesn't get out of the zone. Additionally, when he plays point in the offensive zone, the puck usually "hops" over his stick. I'd say 60% of the time he has trouble holding it in and about 70% he has a problem clearing the zone.

The defensemen that bug me are Kalinin, Fitzpatrick, and Tallinder.

I know that I'm in the minority on Tallinder but it really seems like everytime he plays the puck from behind the net it doesn't get out of the zone. Additionally, when he plays point in the offensive zone, the puck usually "hops" over his stick. I'd say 60% of the time he has trouble holding it in and about 70% he has a problem clearing the zone.

Tallinder has been our best. What he did on the penalty kill was impressive. He plays a very simple and smart game.

Tallinder has been our best. What he did on the penalty kill was impressive. He plays a very simple and smart game.

With all due respect I disagree with you. I only got to watch the 1st period of the game tonight, but in it I saw 2 huge mistakes by Tallinder. They did not cost the Sabres, but very easily could have.

The 1st was, he was in his own zone along the right boards and instead of chipping the puck up out of the zone, he let the puck roll off of his stick right to a Bruin and forced Marty to make 2 very good saves.

The other mistake, although it didn't cost the Sabres a scoring chance against, prevented them from getting a scoring chance. On the powerplay, the Sabres forward sent the pass back to Tallinder and he could not put his stick on the puck and the Sabres ended up clearing the puck for the Bruins. This was about 20 seconds after he barely shuffled the puck up to the forwards because he misplayed a pass from the left point.

I don't see Lydman or McKee (or even Teppo) making those kinds of mistakes with the frequency that I am seeing them from Henrik. Therefore, I cannot say he is the Sabres best defenseman.

tallinder's weak. sorry dude, i do disagree. his been poor at best. a major disappointment. he has alot of potential, shame little of it is used. i wouldnt mind putting Janik in his place and seeing what he could do. cant be any worse from what i hear.

Campbell has been amazing offensively. still a liability defensivly,, but his here for offense, not defense, and his doing his job well!

Darcy is making people like DeLuca look like fools.

This team is 4th in the East and 2nd in the hardest division in hockey.

I forgot they passed out playoff spots after the 26th game. How silly of me. Maybe the will give them cup if they beat the Sharks :lol:

The Sabres are on a great run. But they haven't accomplished anything. Teams have had greta first halves and missed the playoffs. I believe it happened last season but I forget who it was.

The Sabres have to avoid reading their press clippings. There will be points where the PP doesn't click and nights were the pucks bounces away from instead on to the stick. If the Sabres play within themselves they should be alright.

I'll give Darci (that's for you P)his credit when the standings have that little X next to Buffalo. No regrets or no excuses. Playoffs or bust.

The Sabres are on a great run. But they haven't accomplished anything.

Give me a break. I understand your criticisms, but this was just out there. It's this kind of thinking that caused Buffalo to miss the playoffs the last few seasons: the first quarter doesn't matter. They have accomplished things. Most importantly, they've accomplished 16 of those precious W's. Granted, it doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot, but it sure makes it a lot easier than the last few seasons. Give credit where credit is due.

Give me a break. I understand your criticisms, but this was just out there. It's this kind of thinking that caused Buffalo to miss the playoffs the last few seasons: the first quarter doesn't matter. They have accomplished things. Most importantly, they've accomplished 16 of those precious W's. Granted, it doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot, but it sure makes it a lot easier than the last few seasons. Give credit where credit is due.

ya know i have to agree with that statement... whether they've acomplished something on paper or not... they've come a LONGGGG way as a team together. they seem to trust each other now and use each other and play like teammates should... sure it may not mean playoffs... but when a team like ours has been said to be rebuilding and then to see this just means a hell of a lot of progess.

I always backed Campell, Lydman and Numinen

It is the guys that jump on youngsters or when the Nhlers have one or two bad games you jump down their throats!

Ie. DELUCA he cried about SATAN and Zhitnik and bringing in Lydman and Cambell and Connelly and Pyatt

He CRIED about them all that is half the team does DELUCA know hockey???

I always backed Campell, Lydman and Numinen

It is the guys that jump on youngsters or when the Nhlers have one or two bad games you jump down their throats!

Ie. DELUCA he cried about SATAN and Zhitnik and bringing in Lydman and Cambell and Connelly and Pyatt

He CRIED about them all that is half the team does DELUCA know hockey???

i think he knows hockey but he responds directly on what he sees at the moment. besides hine sight is 20/20... sure brag now after there doing well... it could have turned out the other way and you would have been right along side Deluca... or at least thats what i see.

Trust me guy look at my posts in the begining of october. I know hockey, I have watched and played it since i was wee.

It is not a matter of what you or I see, each player that plays 1 game in the NHL is better then 99.9% of the population.

You cant coach skill, but you can coach common sense.

A player that gives the puck away that is bad coaching a player that scores that is skill.

But when a player gives the puck away the stupid fans jump on the player.

Deluca really doesn't know all that much about hockey because he judges on what he sees instead of what is actually happening their is a difference, a big difference.

Hey Todd...

As much as you think you know, Deluca knows more...

Just because your negative doesn't mean your not intelligent...

I'm not saying you don't know hockey, it's just funny that you think you know more because people certain people haved ripped Campbell...and now that he's on a roll you want to know where are these people are?...

Campbell has scored 5 goals - that's great...Brian is a hugh defensive liability...he's also a ...when push comes to shove, he's no where to be found...

This kind of hockey we are seeing now is fun, but wait until crunch time and hopefully the playoffs....remember Phil Housley?

exactly

...  he judges on what he sees instead of what is actually happening their is a difference, a big difference.

Apparently things are happening out there that no one can see. Except Todd, I guess. We should just call him Obi-Wan from now on because he closes his eyes when the game is on and uses the Force to analyze the action.

So guys, please STOP judging things on what you SEE. Just stop it. If someone cuts you off on the way home, don't hit the brakes, just keep on driving, because you know, "their" is a difference, a big difference, between what is actually happening and what you see.

Give me a break. They win 5 in a row so you pull up all your posts from october that were as wildly, over-the-top optimistic as many of DeLuca's were pessimistic, and somehow this proves you are a hockey genius? Where were you when they lost 7 of 9? You think you are the only one who has been "watching and playing since you were wee"?

You'd get a lot more respect around here if you'd just share some of your genius with us by saying things like "Lydman has been playing great hockey lately, great job on that 5-on-3, I really like the way he etc etc etc." and explain to us peons what he did well.

But don't insult our intelligence by telling us that what we saw didn't actually happen and that a guy making a bad pass is not his fault it is the coach's. Someone who has been watching since he was wee should know it's not that black and white.

No wonder I haven't been back here for a month ... thanks for reminding me, Obi-Wan.

Hey Todd...

As much as you think you know, Deluca knows more...

Just because your negative doesn't mean your not intelligent...

I'm not saying you don't know hockey, it's just funny that you think you know more because people certain people haved ripped Campbell...and now that he's on a roll you want to know where are these people are?...

Campbell has scored 5 goals - that's great...Brian is a hugh defensive liability...he's also a ...when push comes to shove, he's no where to be found...

This kind of hockey we are seeing now is fun, but wait until crunch time and hopefully the playoffs....remember Phil Housley?

exactly

Some people just want the Sabres to win the stanley cup on december 2nd and if they don't, they'll bash them because they assume since they stuggled in 2003, they will stuggle in 2005. That is what ticks me off and why i started this thread.

As Mike Keenan always says, you can't win the stanley cup in november, but you can lose it.

Sabres are putting themselfs in a good position for a playoff run later on in 2006, and that is an accompishment.

You're right, they havn't won anything yet. But it's a good start.

My opinion is that this team is not as good as a lot of people will say it is right now (during our impressive streak), nor is it as bad as what a whole lot of people were saying during our slump previously, most of the people on these boards are extremely reactionary. I think we need to take a step back and look at the team a little more broadly to get to how good this team really is. Although I get the feeling that some out there are secretly hoping for buffalo to fail just to bash regeir/ruff.

Archived