Larry Quinn - B&G IS coming back

Jim Bob

The only question I've had about the B&G is when are pics going to leak on the net? :)

He was joking about how he had to keep the drawings they are getting from Reebok away from their web content guy because he'll put them up on a page that isn't supposed to be seen publicly, someone will hack into it, and then a whole lot of people will be ticked off because the new look jerseys will have been leaked.

Quinn sounded like he was chomping at the bit to get them out, but they have to wait for the NHL and Reebok to unveil the "new look" jersey first.

Wow ive got mixed reviews on this news... in one way i like it because of the nostalgia factor but in the other way i grew up with red and black and i think the uniforms look awsome. However change is good. but my wallet won't be likeing it...

I never thought I cared so much ... until Gares' night and they all came out in Blue and Gold. I woke up my youngest and made my oldest two daughters stop there homework and watch. I was dissapointed when they took them off, but I guess my excitement got the best of me. Now I am really looking forward to the change back! I wish they would introduce them before the Holidays though - I could talk my wife into getting the girls new jerseys for Christmas, but I don't think she'll be happy if I spend that money in January or later. Yeah well - there is always next year.

Is anyone else worried that the new style jerseys are going to hideous?  I saw the pictures of what the canadian national team was wearing earlier this year and they were pathetic.

I've got a question about all this. When they say the LEAGUE and Reebok are introducing new jerseys, does that mean Reebok is going to restyle ALL the teams' uniforms?

Call me crazy, but I don't see Mike Illitch taking to kindly to modifications to the Wings jerseys and I don't see Montreal, Chicago, or the Rangers allowing someone to toy with theirs either. Am I missing something here?

I understood it to be the "league (all-star?) jerseys and the cut of the jerseys. Supposedly more streamline and form fitting. I don't think the designs will change. That is just the rumor in this area (PA).

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

so, generally speaking, what is a "new look reebok NHL jersey" supposed to look like anyways?

I posted a link in the off the wall section over in the Bills board. They're a tighter fitting jersey that's supposed to cut back on clutching, grabbing and hooking. I really don't think it's necessary since the strict enforcement of the rules seems to be taking care of that.

I posted a link in the off the wall section over in the Bills board. They're a tighter fitting jersey that's supposed to cut back on clutching, grabbing and hooking. I really don't think it's necessary since the strict enforcement of the rules seems to be taking care of that.

so, its a metro look...

Actually, it's supposed to reduce drag and allow guys to skate faster.

Supposedly that is.

I just hope they don't fit like those horrid Team Canada jerseys and socks that Nike came up with.

Those were horrid.

Actually, it's supposed to reduce drag and allow guys to skate faster.

Along with the clutch and grab aspects of the new jerseys, this doesn't make much sense either. The current jerseys can't be producing very much drag. What do they want, players to be able to skate the length of the ice a hundreth of a second quicker than they do already?

I can tell you the real reasoning behind the new jersey style: $$$

I for one am sort of scared of this announcement. I want the blue and gold back, don't get me wrong... but do I want a NEW sleek tight fitting blue and gold that is different from the old look? NO, I do not... I want the original blue and gold not a blue and gold like the new St. Louis Rams, or the new Penguins gold... I have a feeling that this is what it will be. somehow I think the logo will be different too, and it will take getting used to again.

I have mixed feelings I guess if they are going to change it again... if they are going to go back to the old, GREAT I'm all for it... if they MIGHT screw it up worse, then I think I may rather just have them leave it alone. But I could be wrong... I'm just nervous about it I guess because they are not saying that it will be EXACTLY like the old ones.

Archived