Melrose Article

slugspirit

One of the hottest teams in the NHL is the Buffalo Sabres. The team has won four straight and has just one loss in its last eight games.

One of the big reasons for the Sabres' success is their power play -- they have the fourth-best in the league (21.7 percent). Another reason is their high level of skating, a big plus in the new NHL. Daniel Briere, Chris Drury, Ales Kotalik and Tim Connolly are just some of the great skaters.

The team is also stable. It has a good mix of veterans and youngsters. The Sabres also are winning without a 100-percent lineup (Briere and J.P. Dumont are battling injuries), so there is the potential for them to be even better. Scary thought.

Sabres are the hottest team in hockey

Barry made good points about having depth in skilled skaters and a nice mixed roster. I think we tend to overlook those points and that we may have set ourselves up for great success with the new style of play.

I'm really hoping we can keep this going, and playing like this through injuries is only more encouraging. :D

this is a great run, i hope we can keep it going. prove the idiots who predicted us low wrong! were's deluca been in our winning streak?

he's been quite... but he's around haha... lurking somewhere... regardless its good to get some good press... i was out shopping with the girlfriend the other night and i had my vinatage sabres hat and even leaf fans were giving me respect because of our recent run... its nice to see.

Guest #1SabresFan

I would just like to say i have been DELUCA's biggest critic. I have stuck up for this team and i am now the #1Sabresfan i have been posting messages from Ireland, Portugal, France and so on. While on vacation i have still followed this tem. Let me tell you that isnt easy with a six hour difference and the the games not starting here until one in the morning.

DELUCA has gone as far as wanting to let wolverines to eat people in buffalo.

I have said from the start Connelly is a good hockey player and the sabres will win.

So i think DELUCA should only be able to post positive things but i am sure we will here from him soon as we lose.

I thought we would have lost last night, well atleast the old SABRES would have these are things i have never seen from Buffalo. Let's hope that the owner elieves getting some help in here so we have some home ice advantage instead of playing Ottawa in the first round is a good thing.

OH yeah DELUCA remember our bet 20 bucks Drury and Briere get more goals then Satan in the playoffs. That was me and let me say eat it buddy cause you will lose that one!!!llaughing all the way the bank!

I would just like to say i have been DELUCA's biggest critic. I have stuck up for this team and i am now the #1Sabresfan i have been posting messages from Ireland, Portugal, France and so on. While on vacation i have still followed this tem. Let me tell you that isnt easy with a six hour difference and the the games not starting here until one in the morning.

DELUCA has gone as far as wanting to let wolverines to eat people in buffalo.

I have said from the start Connelly is a good hockey player and the sabres will win.

So i think DELUCA should only be able to post positive things but i am sure we will here from him soon as we lose.

I thought we would have lost last night, well atleast the old SABRES would have these are things i have never seen from Buffalo. Let's hope that the owner elieves getting some help in here so we have some home ice advantage instead of playing Ottawa in the first round is a good thing.

OH yeah DELUCA remember our bet 20 bucks Drury and Briere get more goals then Satan in the playoffs. That was me and let me say eat it buddy cause you will lose that one!!!llaughing all the way the bank!

I have gone nowhere. ;)

The Sabres are playing well. Credit has to go to Ruff who has this team playing mostly 60 (sometimes 60+) minutes of hockey. And to Marty Biron. Marty has done one of two things. Made his trade value higher and maybe made Miller tradeable.

And a big welcome to the NHL for Tim Connolly. His play now shows why so many of us were so frustrated at him. He has gone from a guy who showed a flash here and there to a almost every night player.

The most important thing is that the Sabres when or if they decide to make a move will be doing so from a position of strength. If they can turn one of the goalies, take your pick, into a #1 or #2 blueliner then we may be talking about the first round of the playoffs being a let down if they don;t go further.

Peace :rolleyes:

it is funny how DELUCA says Frustration with CONELLY

When actually DELUCA WAS READY TO releasing him for nothing??

I would say that is more then fustration not to mention i dont think before this season he ever showed flashes he was crap, floated, seemed like he was more interested in girls?

I said Connelly was a great player and now we will se him for the next 10 years it is too bad we are so negative.

I don't know how to bring up quotes but if anyone knows how lets start a review of who thought right and wrong about THE BUFFALO SABRES

I have gone nowhere. ;)

The Sabres are playing well. Credit has to go to Ruff who has this team playing mostly 60 (sometimes 60+) minutes of hockey. And to Marty Biron. Marty has done one of two things. Made his trade value higher and maybe made Miller tradeable.

And a big welcome to the NHL for Tim Connolly. His play now shows why so many of us were so frustrated at him. He has gone from a guy who showed a flash here and there to a almost every night player.

The most important thing is that the Sabres when or if they decide to make a move will be doing so from a position of strength. If they can turn one of the goalies, take your pick, into a #1 or #2 blueliner then we may be talking about the first round of the playoffs being a let down if they don;t go further.

Peace :rolleyes:

Totally agree on Lindy -- well said. But your point on Marty? Eeeeesh. Marty also has rebounded and played pretty well -- BUT NOT WELL ENOUGH TO TRADE MILLER!! Miller is the man. I don't want Marty long-term. He's just not mentally tough enough. I feel like trading Miller would be like pretending we didn't have 3 years of anguish with Marty.

If it were up to me I'd trade Mika or Marty anytime before the deadline this year for the most I could get -- even if it's only draft picks or prospects.

Go Sabres.

Totally agree on Lindy -- well said. But your point on Marty? Eeeeesh. Marty also has rebounded and played pretty well -- BUT NOT WELL ENOUGH TO TRADE MILLER!! Miller is the man. I don't want Marty long-term. He's just not mentally tough enough. I feel like trading Miller would be like pretending we didn't have 3 years of anguish with Marty.

If it were up to me I'd trade Mika or Marty anytime before the deadline this year for the most I could get -- even if it's only draft picks or prospects.

Go Sabres.

agreed, do not trade miller!! and please trade a goalie for the best offer before the deadline - which should be a bit more now that Biron and Mika showed they can play ni this league.

Archived