Sabres fans are half the problem!!!

Toddkaz

What the heck am i hearing?????

Are we really That stupid????

Three Goalie rotation?????

Let's Keep Biron???

I don't understand where people come from?

Are we have the blame? Can we not help motivate our team into the proper direction??

Please tell me we are smarter then this? Three goalie rotation?

Please tell me we can give the management better ideas?

I appreciate your sentimate but I hope to God that Darcy doesn't listen to what the fans say. We are too knee-jerky and reactionary.

As far as the goalie situation goes, we can't do anything until all are 100% healthy. Then and only then, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Biron and Noronen but that would be foolish and the market probably isn't there for both.

What the heck am i hearing?????

Are we really That stupid????

Three Goalie rotation?????

Let's Keep Biron???

I don't understand where people come from?

Are we have the blame? Can we not help motivate our team into the proper direction??

Please tell me we are smarter then this? Three goalie rotation?

Please tell me we can give the management better ideas?

You know TK? I actually agree with you.

Once Miller is healthy that is the time to trade Biron. His value will never be higher.

yea the three goalie deal was an interesting idea... but at the same time not a good one... the 3rd goalie would be taking up a much needed roster spot all season long... unfortuantly they still are. but right now we need all 3.

I don't like the three goalie deal at all. It puts additional pressure on the three of them. Miller won the job, let's not mess with his head.

I appreciate your sentimate but I hope to God that Darcy doesn't listen to what the fans say. We are too knee-jerky and reactionary.

Actually, I wish he'd listen to those "fans' that suggest we trade Biron, Pyatt, and Fitzpatrick for Lecavalier and St. Louis.

Yeah, I've never seen that one suggested, but you get the point.

I think Biron has become the one to get traded from all sides. If a team is in despiration for a goalie, Darcy should be deciding which one goes. If a team is looking to improve what they have (and Marty continues to play this caliber of hockey) teams will be willing to pay the cost. And if a team is only searching for a back - up and to pay back up money, we won't be getting fair trade back for either one (Mika or Marty) so Darcy probably wouldn't be dealing with that team anyway. Short of getting someones salary dump, I can't see Mika as being the best option for the Sabres to deal. Besides, if we can't get a player that will make an impact this year for either one, wouldn't it be better to have an "extra" 2.1 mil to use next year than an extra 600 thou?

I think Biron has become the one to get traded from all sides. If a team is in despiration for a goalie, Darcy should be deciding which one goes. If a team is looking to improve what they have (and Marty continues to play this caliber of hockey) teams will be willing to pay the cost. And if a team is only searching for a back - up and to pay back up money, we won't be getting fair trade back for either one (Mika or Marty) so Darcy probably wouldn't be dealing with that team anyway. Short of getting someones salary dump, I can't see Mika as being the best option for the Sabres to deal. Besides, if we can't get a player that will make an impact this year for either one, wouldn't it be better to have an "extra" 2.1 mil to use next year than an extra 600 thou?

Nice post.

The one potential fly in the ointment is that I still haven't seen an indication that Lindy trusts Mika. If Lindy does, then it makes a lot of sense to make Marty the goalie packing his bags. If Lindy doesn't, it is hard for me to believe that Mika stays and Marty goes.

If Marty does end up going to a team in salary cap trouble, look for the deal to be multiplayer or for the Sabres to get back a very high priced defenseman (which I doubt they would do, but they are still $1MM below their self-imposed cap of $29MM, so it could happen).

The one potential fly in the ointment is that I still haven't seen an indication that Lindy trusts Mika. If Lindy does, then it makes a lot of sense to make Marty the goalie packing his bags. If Lindy doesn't, it is hard for me to believe that Mika stays and Marty goes.

Well he did start Mika in back to back games. Yes, it's only two games, but that shows at least a small amount of trust from Lindy. The problem is, if they do decide to keep Mika, they're going to have to do it on blind faith. He's never going to have the time to fully prove himself before a deal is made.

Biron's been hot, but I found this interesting. Forbes magazine recently did a review of the NHL, including grading the players in terms of the best and worst players for the bucks that are being shelled out for them.

1 Sabre (Biron) and 2 former Sabres (Zhitnik and Peca) are listed in the worst catagory.

All in all, a pretty interesting read.

http://www.forbes.com/business/forbes/2005/1128/155a.html

Well he did start Mika in back to back games.  Yes, it's only two games, but that shows at least a small amount of trust from Lindy.  The problem is, if they do decide to keep Mika, they're going to have to do it on blind faith.  He's never going to have the time to fully prove himself before a deal is made.

There have been a few stints where Lindy has played Mika in multiple games in a row in past seasons. So he will, at times, give the guy a chance (usually out of necessity). It's just that it SEEMS like all Mika has to do is have that 1 bad game / bad goal and he is glued to the pine for a VERY long time.

My gut feel is still that Lindy is much more comfortable with Marty than Mika. I've seen someone post that Mika will get the start tomorrow. If it's true, maybe Lindy has gotten over his fear of Finnish goalies.

Biron's been hot, but I found this interesting. Forbes magazine recently did a review of the NHL, including grading the players in terms of the best and worst players for the bucks that are being shelled out for them.

1 Sabre (Biron) and 2 former Sabres (Zhitnik and Peca) are listed in the worst catagory.

All in all, a pretty interesting read.

http://www.forbes.com/business/forbes/2005/1128/155a.html

Robert Esche is a value? Dan Cloutier is a value? Kolzig is overpaid? Defensemen that are strong in their own end and don't score a whole lot of goals are overpaid.

It looks to me like the formula was essentially wins / $ for goalies and goals / $ for skaters. There was no weighting whatsoever for intangibles.

I agree with a few of their rankings, but they are WAY off on some of the others.

Robert Esche is a value? Dan Cloutier is a value? Kolzig is overpaid? Defensemen that are strong in their own end and don't score a whole lot of goals are overpaid.

It looks to me like the formula was essentially wins / $ for goalies and goals / $ for skaters. There was no weighting whatsoever for intangibles.

I agree with a few of their rankings, but they are WAY off on some of the others.

I agree with you on the messed up point scoring system they used. Have they done this in the past? I know they usually do a review of the franchises and stuff like that, but I hadn't seen it done for the players before.

And it was also done before the team's hot streak, so the last few wins weren't factored in. Marty probably still had a losing record when this analysis was done.

You know TK? I actually agree with you.

Once Miller is healthy that is the time to trade Biron. His value will never be higher.

DeLuca, are you posting under an alias now? (Todkaz?)

You are so bent on trading Biron, but you are pretty quiet on where the Sabres would be if now if we did not have Biron. The Sabres depend heavily on their goaltending. They just don't score enough, and their defensive play is poor at times. Without Miller, Noronen and yes Biron, we would be in deep poop. Sorry if that runs counter to you Regier/Ruff-are-idiots mantra.

PTR

Guest Guest_ToddKaz

I am definitely not DELUCA!

PromotheRobot you don't know what you are talking about.

To say were would we be without Biron if we traded him? Well Miller might not have broken his Finger because the future would have a completely different outlook but i am not going to talk about fate. like you do!#

You want to play the game like keep every player incase of injury???

PROMOTHEROBOT that is insane to say?

What if any player gets injured of any mteamit is all about chances.

plus i was all for haning on to biron. I am the one who predicted this 2 months ago. I said the time to trade was not right. Whem Miller comes back and if he returns to form get biron out of here as fast as possible!

PS. I am brilliant i did predict this to happen and if you like i can pull up the posts about connelly, about THE SABRES and about BIRON i wqas right all three times

DeLuca, are you posting under an alias now? (Todkaz?)

You are so bent on trading Biron, but you are pretty quiet on where the Sabres would be if now if we did not have Biron. The Sabres depend heavily on their goaltending. They just don't score enough, and their defensive play is poor at times. Without Miller, Noronen and yes Biron, we would be in deep poop. Sorry if that runs counter to you Regier/Ruff-are-idiots mantra.

PTR

I would trade him today.

Nothing changes. As I said before. Show me the post where I hammer on Biron and rip his game.

Well Promo?

I would trade him today.

Nothing changes. As I said before. Show me the post where I hammer on Biron and rip his game.

Well Promo?

hmm im hope your kidding about trading biron... cuze at this point we do need the guy and he's still better then Leighton so its something... Noronen is great however he still may be nurseing his injury.

When miller comes back we can trade to our little hearts content.

Guest Guest_toddkaz

i hate to agree with DELUCA but if the right deal came along i would trade him today too. How could you turn down Brad Stuart for Marty Biron??

I would trade Biron the moment it would be best for the team and that would be at the point in which the players we got in return would benefit the sabres

i hate to agree with DELUCA but if the right deal came along i would trade him today too. How could you turn down Brad Stuart for Marty Biron??

I would trade Biron the moment it would be best for the team and that would be at the point in which the players we got in return would benefit the sabres

you guys have a point... but then who's left if a goalie gets re-injured again or mika still isn't the same after... but i guess you can't really do anything about that... you'll never know until it happens... i just think you could win or lose an entire season in the next 2 weeks.... if you trade biron now the next 2 weeks will be VERY difficult.

Hey DELUCA I will take that bet!!!!!

Briere and Drury will get more goals then SATAN!!!

THIRD LINER HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO BET???

EVEN IF NY GETS TO THE PLAYOFFS SATAN IS A FLOATER AND WILL GET NOTHING!!

REMEMBER that one DELUCA???

Show me where i was wrong please?

Archived