Rory, Soupy, and Henrik

pwner

Brian Campbell is easily the most improved Sabres player of this year. He is finally contributing offensively (and not just on the PP), and he has actually played solidly in his own zone while cutting down on retarded plays. I hated him in the past, but he has clearly earned a permanent spot on the roster.

Rory Fitzpatrick is another story. He was one of the most dependable D-men on the Sabres roster two years ago. He started this season on an offensive tear. Since about the 5th game, he has spiralled into the toilet. He is worthless in the D-zone and makes dozens of stupid errors that should not be made by a 30 year old player. It is absolutely maddening that he is in the lineup while Kalinin and even Jillson sit.

Henrik Tallinder has quietly become a top defender on this team. He has definitely benefitted from hanging around Jay Mckee. While he doesn't have the big hit or block ability that McKee does, he is rock solid in the D zone even having to cover for Rory's bonehead plays.

For all the concern about our D at the beginning of the year, they have done well. We have a top 6 that is not that bad:

McKee Lydman

Numminen Kalinin

Campbell Tallinder

I do think Darcy should add a Top 15 D-man if he can. Imagine a Jovanovski on this team. A Jovanovski/McKee pairing would be downright dominant.

Brian Campbell is easily the most improved Sabres player of this year. He is finally contributing offensively (and not just on the PP), and he has actually played solidly in his own zone while cutting down on retarded plays. I hated him in the past, but he has clearly earned a permanent spot on the roster.

Rory Fitzpatrick is another story. He was one of the most dependable D-men on the Sabres roster two years ago. He started this season on an offensive tear. Since about the 5th game, he has spiralled into the toilet. He is worthless in the D-zone and makes dozens of stupid errors that should not be made by a 30 year old player. It is absolutely maddening that he is in the lineup while Kalinin and even Jillson sit.

Henrik Tallinder has quietly become a top defender on this team. He has definitely benefitted from hanging around Jay Mckee. While he doesn't have the big hit or block ability that McKee does, he is rock solid in the D zone even having to cover for Rory's bonehead plays.

For all the concern about our D at the beginning of the year, they have done well. We have a top 6 that is not that bad:

McKee Lydman

Numminen Kalinin

Campbell Tallinder

I do think Darcy should add a Top 15 D-man if he can. Imagine a Jovanovski on this team. A Jovanovski/McKee pairing would be downright dominant.

Perfect post. When i read the title, i almost slammed my head on my desk and didn't even wanna click, but wanted a good laugh tonight so i did. I figured you'd diss all 3 of them and say "i wish all 3 would go down to rochester" or something. lol

Campbell has impressed me the most. He is playing the way everyone has expected him to play when we drafted him. He always moved the puck very well in Ottawa and in the begining in Rochester, then he lost confidence and wasn't getting time on the power play. Last year he did very good playing in the Finnish League, and i think that has helped him alot because over there he needed to produce with the puck.

Tallinder is not the most skillful defender, but he is very smart. He reminds me of a Teppo Numminen in his prime, in our own zone. He doesn't need to make the flashy plays or make massive hits, just play a simple game and get the job done. He knows where to be at the right times.

As for Fitzpatrick, the guy is garbage.

Perfect post. When i read the title, i almost slammed my head on my desk and didn't even wanna click, but wanted a good laugh tonight so i did. I figured you'd diss all 3 of them and say "i wish all 3 would go down to rochester" or something. lol

Campbell has impressed me the most. He is playing the way everyone has expected him to play when we drafted him. He always moved the puck very well in Ottawa and in the begining in Rochester, then he lost confidence and wasn't getting time on the power play. Last year he did very good playing in the Finnish League, and i think that has helped him alot because over there he needed to produce with the puck.

Tallinder is not the most skillful defender, but he is very smart. He reminds me of a Teppo Numminen in his prime, in our own zone. He doesn't need to make the flashy plays or make massive hits, just play a simple game and get the job done. He knows where to be at the right times.

As for Fitzpatrick, the guy is garbage.

I'm going to get a cavity with all the cotton candy :lol:

Archived