Connolly

Kristian

Like most people on this board, I've been quick to tear Connolly to shreds when he's not playing well, but I'm honestly starting to believe that he's gotten his game together.

He's been solid in the his own end, not only in 5 on 5, but also on the PK, and he's getting things done in the opposition end. He has the odd giveaway and defensive lapse, but who doesn't?

Only thing I could wish for is a few more goals from him.

Pominville's first goal was gift wrapped thanks to Mr. Afinogenov. Granted, I've seen many a Sabre handed the same opportunity and fail miserably, so it was nice to seem him pump it right in.

The puck was being circled around the exterior of the PP unit and Max caught Pominville sneaking in from the point and laced a perfect pass from directly to the right of the net, almost through the crease but just out of reach of Kolzig to an awaiting JP on the opposite side of the net. The net was wide open and he just had to shoot it it but it was still nice to see. Like I've said, I have seen too many Holzinger's, Primeau's and Grosek's put that into the crowd instead of the net so Pominville did his job. :)

Like most people on this board, I've been quick to tear Connolly to shreds when he's not playing well, but I'm honestly starting to believe that he's gotten his game together.

He's been solid in the his own end, not only in 5 on 5, but also on the PK, and he's getting things done in the opposition end. He has the odd giveaway and defensive lapse, but who doesn't?

Only thing I could wish for is a few more goals from him.

Connolly has shown flashes before. This team needs him to play this way the whole 82 games if they are going to make the playoffs.

And why is Peters in the lineup? The Sabres have the Mo and he takes a dumb boarding penalty. The kid is a waste of a roster spot. The Sabres should save some money and send him out there without a stick. He has no need for it.

Pominville's first goal was gift wrapped thanks to Mr. Afinogenov. Granted, I've seen many a Sabre handed the same opportunity and fail miserably, so it was nice to seem him pump it right in.

The puck was being circled around the exterior of the PP unit and Max caught Pominville sneaking in from the point and laced a perfect pass from directly to the right of the net, almost through the crease but just out of reach of Kolzig to an awaiting JP on the opposite side of the net. The net was wide open and he just had to shoot it it but it was still nice to see. Like I've said, I have seen too many Holzinger's, Primeau's and Grosek's put that into the crowd instead of the net so Pominville did his job. :)

thanks man, sounds good. nice job by max. pomiville will hopefully get a taster and now start producing more and more. hopefully roy will start producing more now as well.

Archived