Sabres prospect?

deluca67

What are the chances of this 19 year getting a look this season? I saw this qoute about him , " However, he tends to be overly emotional when the play gets rougher, giving him his share of penalties.", add in 41 points in 25 games( I know it's junior and everyone scores in juniors).

I would like to see some of the younger guys getting a look on the fourth line even if it'a only a game or two. It makes more sense then keeping Peters on the roster.

What are the chances of this 19 year getting a look this season? I saw this qoute about him , " However, he tends to be overly emotional when the play gets rougher, giving him his share of penalties.", add in 41 points in 25 games( I know it's junior and everyone scores in juniors).

I would like to see some of the younger guys getting a look on the fourth line even if it'a only a game or two. It makes more sense then keeping Peters on the roster.

Look at what happened to Connolly when the Islanders pushed him too early. He is only starting to show his potential now.

Give Marek a full season in the Q, Bring him to the AHL next year, and expect him in the NHL 2 years from now, when we will be losing either Drury or Briere to Free Agency.

Look at what happened to Connolly when the Islanders pushed him too early. He is only starting to show his potential now.

Give Marek a full season in the Q, Bring him to the AHL next year, and expect him in the NHL 2 years from now, when we will be losing either Drury or Briere to Free Agency.

i agree with that... we will lose people to free agency because there 'value' has gone up too much... but anyway... any word on stafford by chance... probably a ways a way eh?

any word on stafford by chance... probably a ways a way eh?

Stafford will probably end up as a Milan Bartovic/Chris Taylor/Denis Hamel sort of player. He isn't an offensive dynamo but plays a good NHL game so he will float between the AHL and the NHL his entire career.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Rochester next year, depending on how North Dakota does this season.

Your right.

I didn't mean to through him into the lineup full time. I was thinking more of a one or two game look. Give the kid a tatse of the NHL. I like the idea of having a spot on the fourth line to give some of the Amerks a look.

Also,

I'm not sure if I like all I have seen from Roy. It might be time to give soemone else a quick look.

I wouldn't mind seeing guys like Paille(if he can get healthy as I see he was only played 4 games, Ryan, MacArther or Thorburn get a look for 3-4 games. One game really isn't enough to evaluate a player(like what they did to Pominville).

Does anyone who sees Rochester play regularly have any thoughts on these players? NHL caliber?

so DELUCA you would pay a player you don't have to for atleast 2 years so you can see him play for 2 games?????

and you think management wastes money!!!!! ;)

I don't think that's how it works. I know in the past teams have brought players up from juniors and then sent them down. I don't believe they get paid the entire contract as if they were in the NHL.

But since you seem to be an expert on the CBA maybe you could shed some light and inform us all from your vast knowledge. B-)

i am not exactly sure but off the top of my head

i think their are three types of contracts

Minor league contracts

2 way contracts

and Nhl contracts

in wich you can sign a player to the minors in which he can only play in the farm system also their maybe an age limit. If the player doesnt make the team he gets paid a different contract that doesnt count against the cap

their are 2 way contracts that a players makes a different amount depending on whether he plays in the minors or nhl

their are NHL contracts in which if you must pay the full amount and if he is sent down must clear waivers

i am pretty sure their are no 10 day contracts like in the NBA

Also prospects donnot have to be signed for i think 2 years before the next nhl draft i think the old agreement was three years. This allows you to retain the rights to a player not pay him and gain to years of experience before you need to sign him or he goes back into the draft.

Their are also rookie contracts but with the cap i am not up to date on what exactly counts and what doesnt and age for rookies

This is not exact as i am no lawyer and not an expert on contracts this is just what i have heard on the telie. Sometimes fans get confused when it comes to player moves it should be about the talent but sometimes their is more to it then that.

i am not exactly sure but off the top of my head

i think their are three types of contracts

Minor league contracts

2 way contracts

and Nhl contracts

in wich you can sign a player to the minors in which he can only play in the farm system also their maybe an age limit. If the player doesnt make the team he gets paid a different contract that doesnt count against the cap

their are 2 way contracts that a players makes a different amount depending on whether he plays in the minors or nhl

their are NHL contracts in which if you must pay the full amount and if he is sent down must clear waivers

i am pretty sure their are no 10 day contracts like in the NBA

Also prospects donnot have to be signed for i think 2 years before the next nhl draft i think the old agreement was three years. This allows you to retain the rights to a player not pay him and gain to years of experience before you need to sign him or he goes back into the draft.

Their are also rookie contracts but with the cap i am not up to date on what exactly counts and what doesnt and age for rookies

This is not exact as i am no lawyer and not an expert on contracts this is just what i have heard on the telie. Sometimes fans get confused when it comes to player moves it should be about the talent but sometimes their is more to it then that.

How does it work for the Juniors?

I know Juniors have played in the NHL then were sent back to their Junior team. Mostly goalies I think. I think it happened with Marty.

I don't think signing this kid is even in question. They picked him #1 and he is having a better year then last season. The kid will be 20 next season and will most likely be signed. I doubt Regier would chance any thing happening that would cause this kid to end up back in the draft. God I hope he wont.

I think showing this kid the NHL even if it's a flash could motivate him to be even better. Let him see his goal. I not saying to mess him up like Connolly. Just give the kid a carrot to follow. If not him? Some of the kids in the ROC deserve a shot.

You never know. Someone might surprise and take the carrot and run.

I know Juniors have played in the NHL then were sent back to their Junior team. Mostly goalies I think. I think it happened with Marty.

Marty did make his debut like that (I was at that game). He was an emergency call up because the other goalies (maybe Fuhr? and Hasek? at that point) were injured. I'm pretty sure that at this point of the season, the only way you can call up a player from juniors is on an emergency basis. I can't see how you could call up a skater on emergency, since most teams have more than enough guys stashed away in the minors.

Marty did make his debut like that (I was at that game). He was an emergency call up because the other goalies (maybe Fuhr? and Hasek? at that point) were injured. I'm pretty sure that at this point of the season, the only way you can call up a player from juniors is on an emergency basis. I can't see how you could call up a skater on emergency, since most teams have more than enough guys stashed away in the minors.

How does the contract work?

How does the contract work?

No clue. There's probably a set rate around the league for emergency call ups. The only time I remember hearing about a contract in a situation like this was with Marc Andre Fleury. If he stayed on the roster for a certain number of days, a real NHL contract kicked in.

I don't believe he can play in the AHL until the 07-08 season.

Why would we bring up juniors for a game or 2 just to give them a look now. If we were doing horrible late in the year and were out of playoff contention maybe. We are in the playoff race right now early in the season. Why don't we let Leightonen start the rest of the season just to see if we made a good trade and have a decent backup goalie in our system?

We might as well clear up this one right now.  Leighton is our 4th goalie.  Lehtonen is Atlanta's highly regarded prospect goalie that is out with a groin injury.  Leightonen is some kind of crazy combination of those two.  I bet he'd be a pretty good AHL goalie though.

lol agreed... but i can never figure out the difference either.... all i know is one plays for the Amerks and one plays for Atlanta...

EDIT: Page 2 Ownage...

Archived