What game are they retiring LaFontaine's #?

VanekDrury

I think the point was to have a full house. Like Leaf fans or not. The have a great appreciation for the game and the players who excel. Patty should get a huge response. Which is what the Sabres are hoping for.

Yeah, like you said Leaf Fans or not, anyone who has his number retired deserves a full house, rather than 6000 empty seats.

Even Hasek, and I can't stand the guy ;)

Yeah, like you said Leaf Fans or not, anyone who has his number retired deserves a full house, rather than 6000 empty seats.

Even Hasek, and I can't stand the guy ;)

i can't stand the guy either now... but ill still wear his sabres jersey... he did keep us out of futility for alot of years haha.

wouldn't it have been more appropriate during a rangers game at home? i mean really he was a ranger for a while wasn't he... i think they'd appreciate that more then the leaf fans.

Are there any more games against the Islanders at home? That would be even better...I know Rangers fans think once you play for them for a couple of years, you are a lifetime Rangers (ex. Gretzky)..but Patty L was a very popular player for the Islanders.

Archived