Totally Random Thoughts

PTS

1. I got Centre Ice this season and after watching some other hockey networks for two months I have to say MSG and even Empire suck at coverage of anything beyond the play by play. Don't get me wrong, Rick and Jim are awesome at what they do, two of the best if not the best play by play duo in the league. I like Rayzor, Kevin and Mike too. My problem is we never learn anything about the players. I wish they did some leg work and show the players and their families and the work they do in the community. Give us some background on these guys. Other than their hockey abilities and seeing them at area bars, I don't know much about any player on this team. Is it really that hard to sit down with a player and get personal with him. It can only help their image and fan support.

2. Sabretooth is by far the best mascot in sports. Period. Not only is he the coolest looking mascot, his ability to get under the skin of opposing fans is second to none.

3. The Sabres jumbotron sucks. The "TV-portion" is horrible. It's too small and the picture quality is better on a Nintendo. The four Matrix boards are also beyond crap. Get some large widescreens and new graphics boards for the Jumbotron so we can actually see some good replays when they decide to show them. At least the ribbon board is cool.

4. Why the hell does it take so long to announce goals in Buffalo? When the Sabres score, it takes about five minutes before the PA announcer announces the goal. In Montreal, the guy does it in two languages right as the puck is dropped.

Yes, very random.

3. The Sabres jumbotron sucks. The "TV-portion" is horrible. It's too small and the picture quality is better on a Nintendo. The four Matrix boards are also beyond crap. Get some large widescreens and new graphics boards for the Jumbotron so we can actually see some good replays when they decide to show them. At least the ribbon board is cool.

4. Why the hell does it take so long to announce goals in Buffalo? When the Sabres score, it takes about five minutes before the PA announcer announces the goal. In Montreal, the guy does it in two languages right as the puck is dropped.

Yes, very random.

On #3...

I agree on the video(lightbulb) part of the scoreboard. Trying to see the puck when they show a replay is next to impossible. I wonder if it could be retrofitted with some plasma screens or whatever is the latest and greatest technology. The ribbon board is cool and great for advertising, but I wish the video would have been upgraded instead.

On #4...

I heard somebody on WGR ask about this in the last week or so. Was it you?? Supposedly they announce the goal in conjunction with showing the replay of the goal. I never noticed this before, but I will be watching at the next game I go to.

1. I got Centre Ice this season and after watching some other hockey networks for two months I have to say MSG and even Empire suck at coverage of anything beyond the play by play. Don't get me wrong, Rick and Jim are awesome at what they do, two of the best if not the best play by play duo in the league. I like Rayzor, Kevin and Mike too. My problem is we never learn anything about the players. I wish they did some leg work and show the players and their families and the work they do in the community. Give us some background on these guys. Other than their hockey abilities and seeing them at area bars, I don't know much about any player on this team. Is it really that hard to sit down with a player and get personal with him. It can only help their image and fan support.

2. Sabretooth is by far the best mascot in sports. Period. Not only is he the coolest looking mascot, his ability to get under the skin of opposing fans is second to none.

Yes, very random.

#1) i think they do a great job... Pick and choose what you want though... Would you like a wonderful NESN who describes some guy who got traded, married and the size of his house along with the worst homer crappy announcing ever, or would you like straight play by play by the best duo in pro sports? I'll take the straight up game announcing

2) Sabretooth rocks... he's better than that pu**y dog who had his tongue ripped out a couple years ago

3) haven't seen the tron in a couple years, but i'm sure its crappier now than it was. That thing for sure can be updated with a big ass HDTV setup, but at a huge friggin cost though... We prioritize here... Jumbotron, tony lydman, jumbrotron, tony lydman, jumbotron, tony lydman... I could go on and on flip flopping.

4) All hail Milt Ellis!!!

#3) well i have to agree with that its very outdated... and its impossible to see what's on the screen... i mean my little cellphone screen has better quality then that. However the focus might be best put on upgrading the roster and secondary the media around the areana. its nice to have that stuff but still... oh and the media ribbon is key... i love that thing.

Archived