TSN Power Rankings

hopeleslyobvious

"With four wins in five games, the Sabres should be looking up, but the goaltending duo of Martin Biron and Pasi Nurminen has a goals against over 4.00 so I'll be reserving judgment.

Key Injuries: G Ryan Miller (thumb). "

Pasi Nurminen?????? WOW... TSN DO YOUR HOME WORK???? AND WE ARE BEHIND BOSTON AND PITTSBURGH!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!

Guest Repster
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548&hubname=

Boston is still ahead of us? Apparently he missed all 3 head to head games. It would also help him to do some research on the roster. Unless we traded for another goalie and no one told me?

Check out cbs.sportsline.com. The Power Rankings here are a lot more realistic in terms of who's hot and who's not. They have the Sabres at 17th, up from 24th the previous week. TSN has an statement at the bottom of its rankings explaining that it's derived primarily from individual player grades based on statistical production. 26th is not a good snapshot of where this team is at presently.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548&hubname=

Boston is still ahead of us? Apparently he missed all 3 head to head games. It would also help him to do some research on the roster. Unless we traded for another goalie and no one told me?

Anaheim is 4 spots ahead of us despite losing 8 games in a row. :blink: :blink:

TSN power rankings are ridiclious... theres no way you can calculate something like this based on a formula... its stupid really... there using a formula because there too lazy to actually look at the stats and figure out who is where and where everyone belongs.

I sent this to the mailbag of the guy who does the Power Rankings:

"I definately have to disagree with ranking the Sabres 25th this week.

1. The Sabres are coming off a 3 game winning streak, and have won 4 of the last 5.

2. You have Boston ranked higher (20th) despite a 6 game losing streak, and it doesn't look like you have paid attention to the head to head games (Buffalo 3-0).

3. You have the Islanders ranked higher (18th) despite similar records on the season, and similar streaks (4 wins in the last 5). Once again it doesn't take into account the head to head (Buffalo 2-0).

4. The Penguins are ranked ahead of the Sabres, even though they've only won 6 games, and the Sabres are 1-0 in the head to head.

5. While the Sabres have lost to some poor teams, a third of their losses have come to the #1 ranked team.

6. You have ranked 5 teams with losing records ahead of the Sabres.

Etc."

I sent this to the mailbag of the guy who does the Power Rankings:

"I definately have to disagree with ranking the Sabres 25th this week.

1. The Sabres are coming off a 3 game winning streak, and have won 4 of the last 5.

2. You have Boston ranked higher (20th) despite a 6 game losing streak, and it doesn't look like you have paid attention to the head to head games (Buffalo 3-0).

3. You have the Islanders ranked higher (18th) despite similar records on the season, and similar streaks (4 wins in the last 5). Once again it doesn't take into account the head to head (Buffalo 2-0).

4. The Penguins are ranked ahead of the Sabres, even though they've only won 6 games, and the Sabres are 1-0 in the head to head.

5. While the Sabres have lost to some poor teams, a third of their losses have come to the #1 ranked team.

6. You have ranked 5 teams with losing records ahead of the Sabres.

Etc."

good would have been nice to add in the passi nurminen error too though lol... would have been hilarious

TSN power rankings are ridiclious... theres no way you can calculate something like this based on a formula... its stupid really... there using a formula because there too lazy to actually look at the stats and figure out who is where and where everyone belongs.

I'll take this one step further. All power rankings are ridiculous. What do they mean? Nothing. This isn't college football where they actually use a ranking system to hand out their championship. There is a set procedure in place to award the Stanley Cup. If they start handing out playoff spots to the top 16 teams in the TSN power rankings, then I'll start to worry about them.

You are forgetting that TSN is a Toronto based TV outfit. they will do anything in thier power to keep Buffalo in obscurity.That is how threatened they feel by you. One of the radio stns. that I listen to on the way down from London,will announce the entire NHL games for the night and not mention the Buffalo game is even on that night .Hence the low rank in the TSN standings.

Archived