Vanek?

DrunkenSabre

What has happened to vanek, he broke the goal barrier (finally) and now his disappeared again. Sabrefans.com have him down as lazy at times. can anyone tell me why this guy is registering the odd assist and that is about it?

He's taking the "replacement for Satan" tag too literally

Vanek was directly responsible for two of the Sabres goals last game by standing in front of the net and screening the goalie. As long as Vanek's play improves throughout the season, I'll be happy. I still think he can hit the 25 goal mark, but if he only scores 15-25 and is a better player(then when the season started) with a year of NHL experience under his belt, that will be okay too.

Vanek was directly responsible for two of the Sabres goals last game by standing in front of the net and screening the goalie. As long as Vanek's play improves throughout the season, I'll be happy. I still think he can hit the 25 goal mark, but if he only scores 15-25 and is a better player(then when the season started) with a year of NHL experience under his belt, that will be okay too.

agreed i don't expect him to just rack up mass points the first year out of the gate... just let the guy gain some nhl experience and adjust to the pace of the game and what needs to get done on the nhl level... yea he looked great in the ahl... but so what... ahl is certinaly not the nhl.

Archived