4 in a row?

hopeleslyobvious

i don't know that i can remember that... probably because i wasn't alive and im 20 lol... lets hope they can do it tonight it'd be nice to be able to say that the next morning to all the other hockey fans at school... i think they can beat the rangers... as long as goaltending is solid... but thats like any other night.

even Biron usually fares alright against them, if my memory serves me correctly?

Maybe so, but happily it's not relevant because Mika is starting tonight. If he plays well I think he will start playing more than Marty, which would be great. Marty has had more chances than I can count and has let us down each time. I think there is a reasonable chance that Mika can deliver the goods -- he looked pretty good against Boston -- confident and aggressive -- and Lindy sounded pretty impressed.

I just hope we can still unload Marty for a draft pick or a good prospect. There is no way we are going to get a decent NHL defenseman for him.

Prediction: Sabres 5, Rangers 3.

Maybe so, but happily it's not relevant because Mika is starting tonight. If he plays well I think he will start playing more than Marty, which would be great. Marty has had more chances than I can count and has let us down each time. I think there is a reasonable chance that Mika can deliver the goods -- he looked pretty good against Boston -- confident and aggressive -- and Lindy sounded pretty impressed.

I just hope we can still unload Marty for a draft pick or a good prospect. There is no way we are going to get a decent NHL defenseman for him.

Prediction: Sabres 5, Rangers 3.

Is Mika starting? Cool, I was hoping he would.

Hear ya on Biron, I'm sick of him.

Good call.  After looking it up, that was a part of a 6 game streak w/o a loss.  They tied Florida and beat Tampa in OT before losing to the Islanders.

And to go one step further, that run came after a loss to the Bruins that followed another 4 game winning streak. 9-1-1 over a 4 week span, not too shabby.

Unfortunately they promptly followed that up with a 4 game losing streak (2 of which were against the Isles) to effectively knock themselves out of playoff contention.

Unfortunately they promptly followed that up with a 4 game losing streak (2 of which were against the Isles) to effectively knock themselves out of playoff contention.

I'll say it: If Mika can hold down the fort until Miller gets back 100%, the days of being out of contention are OVER.

I think we will have a decent crowd tonight that should be ready to get loud after the great Danny Gare's #18 is retired pre-game -- so we come out flying and get the crowd into it and hopefully Kotalik blasts one in on the PP for an early lead. The house rocks all night and we win 5-3 or so. Everyone has a great time and the crowds start to get bigger as we force our way into nobody-wants-to-play-us status.

Why am I this psyched for an early-season game against another team that hasn't done anything in years? Is it because the Bills are so pathetic? Is it because this team is so likeable, having finally ditched its overpaid free rider in Satan? Is it because they are fast, high-scoring and entertaining? Is it because none of them is an obnoxious me-first guy? Is it the Connolly redemption? Is it Miller, the fiery new goalie who is filling their most desperate need of the past few years?

I don't know the answer, but I am really effing psyched to watch this game and to go to the Islanders game tomorrow night.

Go Sabres.

Archived