Jiri Fischer Collapses On Bench

Taro T

Detroit Nashville game was stopped tonight after Fischer collapsed on bench. It appears he is ok in the hospital currently.

Scary *ss stuff.

TSN Story Link

The article mentioned he had a seizure. It would not surprise me at all that he got hit in the chest with a slap shot. (That is speculation on my part, I definitely do not have confirmation about that.) The very strangely ironic thing about this is that the latest THN (dated 11/22, i.e., tomorrow, which is when the Fischer incident will hit the newspapers) has an article on page 5 quoting Harry Sinden as saying 5 on 3 hockey is going to get someone killed.

This is only the 3rd game that I can think of off the top of my head that was started and not completed. It'll be interesting to see how the league has it made up - whether they start where they left off or if they start from the beginning. My guess is that they will pick up where they left off, but I don't know that for certain, and at this moment in time, the league and teams probably don't know that either.

The other 2 games were Game 4 of the '88 Finals when a transformer blew in the gah-den and the Oilers and Bruins were tied at 3 in the 2nd and the most infamous game in Sabres history, the dreaded "No Goal" game. Which oddly enough was abandoned when a weasel (Bettman) blew a circuit when the Stars and Sabres were tied at 1.

This is only the 3rd game that I can think of off the top of my head that was started and not completed. It'll be interesting to see how the league has it made up - whether they start where they left off or if they start from the beginning. My guess is that they will pick up where they left off, but I don't know that for certain, and at this moment in time, the league and teams probably don't know that either.

The other 2 games were Game 4 of the '88 Finals when a transformer blew in the gah-den and the Oilers and Bruins were tied at 3 in the 2nd and the most infamous game in Sabres history, the dreaded "No Goal" game. Which oddly enough was abandoned when a weasel (Bettman) blew a circuit when the Stars and Sabres were tied at 1.

good one... i was thinking of that game that was never made up...

as for Jiri Fisher, hope all is well, and my prayers go to him

yea that is a tough situation... i hope he gets better and gets back on the ice. My only worry is that he gets out there starts skateing around in a game situation and it happens again to him while he's on the ice, and he goes down and head first into the boards because he can't move or stop himself... or alternativly he could just freeze and coast into the boards and bounce off and hit the back of his head... im not trying to make light of it.... its just something that may happen again to him :(

Archived