Ovechkin

mrjsbu96

That was Ovechkin that hit Biron?, I only saw the highlight quickly in a Bar and with the sound off so I didn't see who it was.

The kid has guts, being a rookie goal machine and willing to hit a goalie. I'm sorry to say, but Biron kinda deserved to get hit for coming out that far to play the puck. Maybe it will teach him to stay near the net more often.

So I guess we can rule out Washington as a trade partener for Biron?

He went down a couple notches in my book when he ran Biron. Dirt.

it's never a smart play to run a goalie, but i thought after seeing the replay it was really not that bad.

stupid, but i wouldn't call it dirty. his team was behind and he was shaking it up a little. at least he stood in there and took on all-comers as opposed to running.

Why was it dirty? he took a risk trying to help his team score a goal. It may have been a cheap goal if they scored, but it would still count as a goal.

Either that or he has been reading the sabres message boards and wanted to help us out by giving us a chance to see Mika in net

Because you don't run the goalie. And I don't know why he needs that tinted visor, I can't imagine it's very bright in Crosby's shadow.

Because you don't run the goalie. And I don't know why he needs that tinted visor, I can't imagine it's very bright in Crosby's shadow.

Messier did it. Trottier did it. Clarke did it.

As long as the kid is willing to pay the price. I wish some of the Sabres had enough sack to take a run at a goalie. That just made me like him more. Nothing against Marty. Creating a confrontation can wake up a team.

Does anyone remember Barasso in Detroit. I think he took on Probert that night. That brought that team together.

Why was it dirty? he took a risk trying to help his team score a goal. It may have been a cheap goal if they scored, but it would still count as a goal.

Either that or he has been reading the sabres message boards and wanted to help us out by giving us a chance to see Mika in net

I didn't think it was dirty. Marty was WAYYYYYY outta the crease. He just checked him. He didn't lay a huge elbow or stuff.

I wish the Sabres had him for sure. OVIE!!

yea it'd be nice to have him but they guy is going to get hurt if he keeps taking shots like that... its just an unwritten rule... don't hit the goalie... until the rule is changed.... just don't do it... and he got what he desereved afterwords... and im damn proud our team mugged him after...

I loved the hit and wish any of our guys would do the same. As far as the team standing up for Marty, they tried but it didn't look like they managed to send any message. The first guy to "challange" Ovechkin was Connelly (I think) and he squarely bounced off Alexander. The next and only other guy was Gaustad I think, and all he was able to manage was a face wash. Not much of a message. Actually, the message sounded a little like, "run our Goalie, see if we care". :o

Archived