Buying tickets at Nassau Coliseum

nfreeman

OK, I'm taking my 5-year old son to his first Sabres game next Wed., bringing up fond memories of my dad taking me to the Aud. Unfortunately, since I live in NYC now, it's going to be on the road vs. the Islanders.

Here is the question: has anyone bought tickets at this arena before? Any advice on box office/scalpers/parking/traffic/otherwise? I am going to need 4 together (we are going with one of my son's friends and his father).

Bonus prediction for tonight: Marty lets in a goal of average to below average difficulty in the 1st 10 min. of the game & the sabres sleepwalk for a while before my man Connolly gets us going with a nifty feed to Kotalik for a goal in the 2nd, followed quickly by a few more, leading to a 5-3 win.

Sorry I can't help. I don't know where you live in the city, but I don't know if you were planning on going to the other game against the Devils or either of the Rangers games. I do have experience buying tickets for those and can help out.

Thanks. I will probably try to go to at least one of the Rangers games -- I think those games are in Jan. and March -- so any advice on those would be great.

Thanks. I will probably try to go to at least one of the Rangers games -- I think those games are in Jan. and March -- so any advice on those would be great.

I live in NJ and have attended games at all three rinks. I would definitely never pay face for Devils tickets and also the Rangers. There is always someone around MSG or people online selling tickets so those tickets can be bought.

I only went to one Islander game and the arena is sort of away from mass transit. We took a cab from the LIRR stop and I think we just bought our tickets on Ticketmaster. The Isles has also not been selling out so I would try places like Ebay or site like Craiglist b/c it is not worth paying all the Ticketmaster charges.

I live in NJ and have attended games at all three rinks. I would definitely never pay face for Devils tickets and also the Rangers. There is always someone around MSG or people online selling tickets so those tickets can be bought.

I only went to one Islander game and the arena is sort of away from mass transit. We took a cab from the LIRR stop and I think we just bought our tickets on Ticketmaster. The Isles has also not been selling out so I would try places like Ebay or site like Craiglist b/c it is not worth paying all the Ticketmaster charges.

Thanks. I think we will probably drive to the game. I'm guessing that I'll be able to get seats for under face value -- which is good b/c it looks like lower bowl seats are $125 or so per ticket. I may just buy cheapo tickets with the hope of moving down in the 2nd period or so if the crowd is sparse.

Here is a question: has anyone sat in the upper deck at this arena? How close to the action is it? I'm hoping that since it's one of the older arenas, the upper deck will be pretty close in, like the Aud used to be. Does anyone know whether there is a true upper deck at all? Or is it just one huge bowl, like the Capital Center in Landover, MD was?

In any event, I will have some choice words for Satan (not the devil, the career floater who took millions of $$ from the Sabres and put forth steadily decreasing efforts over the years) while I'm at the game. I'm thinking Connolly and Pyatt will probably put forth strong efforts.

I agree Devils tix are overpriced. I usually get nosebleeds when I go with my friends (Up with the 228 Crazies) and spend a little extra money when the Sabres come to town.

Hey Folks,

I'm Kevin and I'm one of the staff of the New York City Buffalo Bills Backers (www.NYCBBB.com). I'm heading up a small group of Sabres fans bought group seats to the Sabres Rangers game on Jan 24th. If anyone is interested they are $30 and are in Section 345. Please let me know. We have over 60 tickets so you'll be surrounded by good Buffaloians.

Also, we try to get together at a bar once a month to watch a game and enjoy some drink and food specials, so let me know if you'd like more info on that as well - kevin (at) nycbbb.com

I've been to Nassau before and bought ticket via ticketmaster. The parking lot is huge and I didn't see anyone selling tix before the game. DON'T sit in the very last row (the seats have no legroom) but the upper deck isn't too back and you can move down in the 2nd period.

Kevin

I've been to all three arenas and I enjoyed the Islanders rink. It's small and intimate like the Aud...nothing fancy at all. Also, i thought that it was very easy to get to...right off of hempsted turnpike....a much nicer location than the Meadowlands mess.

As far as prices, i couldn't comment...I bought face value up at the top of the rink.

Hey Folks,

I'm Kevin and I'm one of the staff of the New York City Buffalo Bills Backers (www.NYCBBB.com). I'm heading up a small group of Sabres fans bought group seats to the Sabres Rangers game on Jan 24th. If anyone is interested they are $30 and are in Section 345. Please let me know. We have over 60 tickets so you'll be surrounded by good Buffaloians.

Also, we try to get together at a bar once a month to watch a game and enjoy some drink and food specials, so let me know if you'd like more info on that as well - kevin (at) nycbbb.com

I've been to Nassau before and bought ticket via ticketmaster. The parking lot is huge and I didn't see anyone selling tix before the game. DON'T sit in the very last row (the seats have no legroom) but the upper deck isn't too back and you can move down in the 2nd period.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin for the good info on Nassau and for the invite to the Rangers game. One question on the Rangers game: do you know if any kids are coming? I may want to bring my 5-year old.

I've been to all three arenas and I enjoyed the Islanders rink. It's small and intimate like the Aud...nothing fancy at all. Also, i thought that it was very easy to get to...right off of hempsted turnpike....a much nicer location than the Meadowlands mess.

As far as prices, i couldn't comment...I bought face value up at the top of the rink.

The mess? As in parking at Giants stadium and having to walk across that huge pedestrian bridge? I hate that thing. I am not sure how I did it, but earlier this year I parked right next to the VIP garage. It was the same price and a 5 minute walk to the arena.

Yeah, I hate the Meadowlandds...Jets/Giants or Devs...it's a chore to get there and a chore to figure out where to go once you are in the complex.

As for the Isles...it was a walk in the park...huge parking lots...easy in and out - no complaints....now that I live in Queens I would make the trip out there more often...but I am not putting money in the coffers of the Islanders...I save my $$$ and but tix when I am up in Buffalo - I'll watch the Isles/Sabres on TV.

I would take my kids there though - if I had them...not a bad place to see a game.

Yeah, I hate the Meadowlandds...Jets/Giants or Devs...it's a chore to get there and a chore to figure out where to go once you are in the complex.

As for the Isles...it was a walk in the park...huge parking lots...easy in and out - no complaints....now that I live in Queens I would make the trip out there more often...but I am not putting money in the coffers of the Islanders...I save my $$$ and but tix when I am up in Buffalo - I'll watch the Isles/Sabres on TV.

I would take my kids there though - if I had them...not a bad place to see a game.

Thanks Tarrytown. Since you live in Queens, I'll make a prediction for you: the Islanders will move to Brooklyn within 3 years of the new arena opening up. It's going to be brand new, state of the art, plenty of club seats and skyboxes, and only about 20 miles from the existing arena, which the owners have been complaining about for years.

Thanks Kevin for the good info on Nassau and for the invite to the Rangers game. One question on the Rangers game: do you know if any kids are coming? I may want to bring my 5-year old.

Don't know if anyone is planning to bring along kids that young but yours would definately be welcome. We have some families bring young children to Calico Jacks and from all reports they have a blast. I would hope being surrounded by Sabres fans would be more family friendly than a section with all Rangers fans!

Archived